does summit ever run sales?

• Sponsors (?)

Not that I have seen. I know if you order something before you get off the phone the tell you their weekly specials, which is usually on tools, apparel, or things like fender covers and such. Not really a big deal though.

They do run sales for 10% off of everything, but it's only at their retail stores. And then it is only during a show weekend like Super Summit or Truckfest. Not available for mail orders.

I highly doubt summit ever runs sales. I work for keystone automotive in PA and we match any price that a customer can find. Summit normally sells for about 3% over "jobber" which is normally what the store/garages get the part for. What a customer gets the part for is MSRP [manufactars suggested resale price] and if the store sells it for less than MSRP the company [such as edge which makes programmers for trucks] the company can refuse a warrenty.

...Yeah, I know it's a pain in the ass, but alot goes into it...Summit is one of the biggest competers.

SVT3183 said:
like 10% off everything?

They don't run sales so much as summit money back depending on how much stuff you buy... when I got my TFS Street Heat, I got 40 summit bucks and a free hat in the mail. Which was nice because I turned around and used it for my 4.10 posi rebuild kit. (the money, not the hat)

hart

zZsKyZz said:
I highly doubt summit ever runs sales. I work for keystone automotive in PA and we match any price that a customer can find. Summit normally sells for about 3% over "jobber" which is normally what the store/garages get the part for. What a customer gets the part for is MSRP [manufactars suggested resale price] and if the store sells it for less than MSRP the company [such as edge which makes programmers for trucks] the company can refuse a warrenty.

...Yeah, I know it's a pain in the ass, but alot goes into it...Summit is one of the biggest competers.
I always thought MSRP was the acronym for MS-Retail-Price.

Scott, interesting link. I thought you spoke some French. I never learned much of it - they like to use too many letters to make one sound.

"Guys, our words dont look intelligent enough. We need to look and sound sophisticated. Any ideas?"

"Let's add every vowel and then a consonant to the end of half of our words."

"Great idea. Hioux-ray" :D

I live 20 mins from the ohio one, the scratch and dent used to be awesome, but now its only like 10 under the normal pice instead of like 1/4 price, they do run the 10% on events, it gets me to go, also if you sign up for they're email they always have like 10-20 items on sale.
Russell