does this sound good? (rearend)

KaPPaBaLL said:
why do i always agree with this guy :p

:lol:

steven holt said:
maybe i am stupid, but could anybody tell me the difference in gears? what is all the hub about anyway?

Get a bicycle and shift into a hard gear (big ring in the front, little cog in the rear) and try to accelerate. Then put it into an easy gear (little ring in front, big cog in rear) and do the same.

Now imagine that effect in your car. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well guys my car is my daily driver for atleast another year so do you still think 4.10s are a go? And i know what 4.10s feel like and 3.73s , my best friend put 4.10s in his 96 cobra and its insane but he tells me its not worth it at 2900rpms on the highway but then again he does nothing but highway driving where as i do pretty much nothin but city driving. AHHHH this sucks someone help me. Oh by the way i had a 98gt that i swapped 3.73s into and didnt notice to big of a difference but it thought that was due to the nast npi heads it had...would it have the same effect on a pI headed car?

Don't forget, that it also depends on what your future plans are for the car! If you want to use any kind of boost (ie - supercharger) you should think about getting 3.73 cause 4.10 with boost might be a tad bit tough to hold down! At least that's what everyone around here says!

gmcluhan said:
Don't forget, that it also depends on what your future plans are for the car! If you want to use any kind of boost (ie - supercharger) you should think about getting 3.73 cause 4.10 with boost might be a tad bit tough to hold down! At least that's what everyone around here says!
I always heard don't fear the gear but, it would harder to hook up off the line with 4:10. That would make you think its all in the launch; and mine needs help. A lot of threads that I read said to use 4:10's at a minimum.

Yes. If you're staying n/a, then go with 4.10's. The fastest n/a racers on this board and Modular Depot who have five speeds use 4.30 gears in the rear. If you want more opinions, shoot a pm to a couple of them. Automatic Weapon, Mustang92(Bill Putnam), Starkie, and KenB are a few you can talk to.