Does this 'Stang sound nice?

999cm999

May 26, 2011
Hi folks,

This is my first post on this forum. I've been out of the Mustang community for quite a while now. I owned an 89 GT that I sold about 12 years ago. But now I found a 2000 GT that I think looks great.

It's selling for $9,000. I was wondering what you guys think:

2000 Mustang GT, silver, auto. It was garage kept and has NO rust anywhere that I could see. It runs and sounds great.

Mileage: 41,456 miles
Exterior: SILVER
Interior: GRAY
Engine: 8-Cylinder
Transmission: AUTOMATIC
Trim/Package: GT

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know where some of you buy your cars, but $9K asking for that car is a pretty decent price if it's clean. Low miles for the age but enough that it's been driven. I'd prefer a manual trans, though.

And when you are buying a used car, you never win by buying the cheapest one you can find. I love when people tell me I got ripped off for what I paid, then show me their beat-up POS that leaks and rattles. I'd rather pay "far too much" for a car that didn't have anything wrong with it the day I bought it than buy into someone else's neglected pile of crap that needs work from the get-go.

From the test drive and looking over the car pretty good, I couldn't see anything wrong with this car. It had a few wrinkles in the leather around the seat suppports, but that's to be expected. It was a very clean car both inside and out.

I don't know where some of you buy your cars, but $9K asking for that car is a pretty decent price if it's clean. Low miles for the age but enough that it's been driven. I'd prefer a manual trans, though.

And when you are buying a used car, you never win by buying the cheapest one you can find. I love when people tell me I got ripped off for what I paid, then show me their beat-up POS that leaks and rattles. I'd rather pay "far too much" for a car that didn't have anything wrong with it the day I bought it than buy into someone else's neglected pile of crap that needs work from the get-go.

That's why you dont go "buy the cheapest you can", nobody has said that OP should do that. If you do enough searching and not jump on the first one you find, you will find one for a reasonable price. At that point, you take it for a test drive, look it over, or if your mechanically inclined, you took it to a mechanic to have a look at.

I don't know about up north, but for an auto that sounds high ( for the dirty south ) . The miles are low but its still a 12 year old car and its not a special edition or anything . Its really up to you what you think is a fair price. My thinking is being that its a run of the mill gt its only going to go down in value, no matter how low you keep the miles, plus if you are planning on modding it then it really don't matter how low the miles are. Just my .02

I agree, but remember, on the internet, everyone and their dog pays $3k-$4k for a mint SN95. In fact I could show you a thread full of bull****ters saying that but not putting up anything.

As for the higher mileage Mach 1, I'd take a low mileage GT over a high mileage Mach anyday.

Any Mach selling for $9k is gonna be a VERY high mileage junked out beater. Mileage counts for a lot, to most people.