Doing Fuel Injectors. Need Intake torque specs, and any tips

You sure you hooked up the vacuum to the egr properly? It doesn't get a vacuum line from the intake. There is an egr switch (harness plugs into to it too) on the firewall that gets full manifold vaccum; a separate vacuum line runs from the switch to the egr valve. The valve only gets vacuum from the switch when the computer tells it do provide vacuum - at part throttle. At idle, and w.o.t. there should be no egr valve operation. If you pull the vacuum line off the egr valve at idle, nothing should happen. If you hooked full vacuum to the egr valve, that would screw things up and impact drivability.

• Sponsors (?)

Michael Yount said:
You sure you hooked up the vacuum to the egr properly? It doesn't get a vacuum line from the intake. There is an egr switch (harness plugs into to it too) on the firewall that gets full manifold vaccum; a separate vacuum line runs from the switch to the egr valve. The valve only gets vacuum from the switch when the computer tells it do provide vacuum - at part throttle. At idle, and w.o.t. there should be no egr valve operation. If you pull the vacuum line off the egr valve at idle, nothing should happen. If you hooked full vacuum to the egr valve, that would screw things up and impact drivability.

I'm sure I did it right. There is only one vacuum line going to the EGR valve itself. Its off the little device that has a bunch of other vacuum lines going to it. I do know what you're saying and that would most certainly screw up the EGR system. Unfortunately, the EGR valve is cleaned, and the vacuum lines are hooked up exactly where they should be hooked up. Can an EGR valve go bad in 2 years?