Doing springs and lower control arms soon.

• Sponsors (?)

No spring compressor required. Just gotta jack the car up and unbolt enough stuff on the control arm to be able to push down on it with your foot and pop the spring out.

(referring to the front...the spring shouldn't shoot out once the control arm is lowered. It shouldn't come out if its under compression...at least in my experience)

Go here for better info: http://www.americanmuscle.com/h-r-ss-spring-96-04-install.html

Please be careful popping the front springs out. Also, only do one rear control arm at a time. If you disconnect both at the same time, you'll be wrestling the axle housing to rotate it back into position. And use plenty of synthetic grease on the LCA bushings if they're polyurethane. That will keep them nice and quiet.

The front springs require you to jack the front of the car up and put it on jack stands. You then take a small jack and push the control arm up a little bit, then you can unbolt the strut. At this point you can SLOWLY let the control down with the jack, the spring will push the control arm down pretty far. Once it no longer goes down on its own, you can push it down with your foot and get another couple of inches out of it to pull the spring out.

Hope this helps

Please be careful popping the front springs out. Also, only do one rear control arm at a time. If you disconnect both at the same time, you'll be wrestling the axle housing to rotate it back into position. And use plenty of synthetic grease on the LCA bushings if they're polyurethane. That will keep them nice and quiet.

I'll be putting in MM LCAs, pretty sure they don't have a grease fitting. Do you mean just a lot of grease around the bushing in general? If so, I'll definitely remember that.

Also, will I have to remove the strut? Thanks for all the advice, gentlemen.

I'll be putting in MM LCAs, pretty sure they don't have a grease fitting. Do you mean just a lot of grease around the bushing in general? If so, I'll definitely remember that.

Also, will I have to remove the strut? Thanks for all the advice, gentlemen.

Yeah, just put some grease on the bushings and on the torque boxes and control arm mount in the axle housing... that way you're covered. The LCAs will be silent that way.