Doing the swap this weekend...

Even those 5.0 pedals seems a little ricer looking. They are just...huge.

I had these in my '03 GT and loved them. Gonna buy a set and put them in my 5.0, but not looking forward to the work required to get them on the brake clutch
pedals_done.jpg

Those are nice, what are they? Are they rubber backed and go on like stock pads?

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody know the length of the shaft on the speedo gear for a t-5?

I've got the white 23 tooth for my 373's and I don't want to hunt another one down for the swap. Can I just cut and fit or does it need to be precise? I assume it's just there to hold the gear in place againts the trans gears right?

Those pedals were 01 bullitt pedals.

As for the speedo gear...what is the driven gear inside the trans? Look inside with a flashlight and see what color it is. If it's yellow, it's a 7-tooth drive gear which means you now need a 21-tooth red driven gear...which is still available at Ford I think

p/n C4OZ-17271-A

The white would would be incorrect for your driven gear and throw your speedo off

It's an unofficial 5 speed! Today I pulled the starter, dropped the auto, yanked the shifter, tossed the flywheel, replaced the rear main seal, installed the pilot bearing, new flywheel, clutch, and trans, then I modified the opening for the shifter. The shifter itself is just hand tight on there to keep the dust out, it won't go on fully until the driveline is in and it's topped off with fluid. Tomorrow I'll pull the auto trans cooling lines, re-install the starter, driveline, exhaust, connect the clutch cable, put the new e-brake cables in to work with the disk brake rear, and the console and it'll be done. Unless the e-brake gives me trouble I should be done tomorrow.

Edit for pics :D
P1230002.JPG

P1230003.JPG

P1230004.JPG

P1230006.JPG

Wow, your AOD came out much cleaner than mine did!

Good luck selling it. I've been advertising a working AOD for $100 on the local forums and CL and NOBODY has even shown interest. :(

Wow, your AOD came out much cleaner than mine did!

Good luck selling it. I've been advertising a working AOD for $100 on the local forums and CL and NOBODY has even shown interest. :(

I just had it rebuilt about 3 years ago so it was cleaned up then. And my buddy is going to buy it for his 67, he wants a 4th gear. Good thing for him he's got more mechanical skills than I do. I don't know if I could do a swap that took more than some wrench time. I know the AOD is deffinatly different than a C4.

My T-5 came out like a grease ball with some wires hangin' out of it.