Dome light wont turn off

• Sponsors (?)

I've had this very irritating issue as well on my 99 3.6 V6 mustang for far too long. Can not find a solution! Not one person here has mentioned the other problem that accompanies my frequent done light issue. I myself thought to just take out the dome light, but that won't fix the fast dinging issue when the parking/headlights are on. When the dome light starts acting up, the dinging is always with it. I've jostled the key on and off several times before and it fixed it but today it's not working at all. I've beat on the ignition switch, slammed the doors several times, checked the trunk and it won't stop! I took the dome light out, hopefully I don't have to drive tonight. If so I'll have to crank the radio all the way up to drown out the dinging.

Hey all,

My problem was interior dome light always on, and 2 beeps when setting the car alarm, when normally, it's 1 beep.

After reading this thread, I noticed a few folks had tried WD 40 in the door jams and trunk jam.

I whipped out the WD 40 and sure thing, it fixed the problem!! Yeah!!

Definitely worth researching the issue instead of taking it to a shop right away.

Thank you guys so much!! My mustang means the world to me. I thought it was going to be something way worse, but it wasn't.