Done the basics, whats next?

deadlast

Mar 30, 2005
Belmont, MA
iv done alot of the basics, (please tell me if i missed any) catback, o/r h, u/d's, cai, control arms, cobra brake upgrade, 3.73's, tri-ax, wheels, lights, lowering springs, tokico shocks, and other small who hah. next on my list is some caster camber plates (insides of front tires are starting to go from too big a drop) but other than that i figure i have a pretty strong platform so i can start modding the engine more heavily. What else can i do before dropping serious bank for H/C/I? i've also done alot of maintenence items like new fuel and brake lines, various gas tank gaskets, etc. I think it is time for the next leap. do you recommend saving up all at once for h/c/i, or buying pieces indivually over time? if that was the cas i would get an intake first, then heads, then cam. any help?

• Sponsors (?)

SFC's.

I like to save up rather than piecing it out because it gives you time to come across some good deals. Also, prices can come down. But which ever way fits your budget style right.

And bump for you.

He said he had a new fuel pump, I guess the question is if it puts out more than stock. Personally I would buy the parts in pieces as the money came available. I say this because I have had an AWFUL journey with backorders this upgrade year and I have learned my lesson. I waited for my MAF for 7 weeks, my rims and tires took 1 month, my paintball gun took 2 weeks beyond the original 2 weeks and I just got my mask 3 days ago (I orderd it all 2 months ago), and cobra brakes were on backorder from Stangsuspension so I waited until the backorder was done, but guess what, I just got my rotors yesterday (week and a half wait) and I still don't have any brakes lines for the new calipers. Normally it isn't a big deal to wait for things, but I am leaving for St. Ignace next Thursday and those brakes MUST be on before I leave. Maybe I got a crappy hand this year and you didn't, but I'm not willing to play the odds anymore...