Digital Tuning Don't Be So Quick To Update Your Sct Device!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, got thru to SCT finally last night. They remotely wired into my computer too and my tunes were wiped clean. It was nice of SCT to let me know I'll have to re-acquire the tunes and reload them. Would have been a hellofalot nicer to received a message stating the update would/could wipe the tunes, then I could have backed them up and I think SCT would have had far fewer calls. Thankfully, Steeda rocks and had already started working on getting me the tunes. Hopefully I'll have them today and only be without the car for two days :crap:

Updates?

That is a great question! They just say it's a critical update. Maybe to avoid any potential warranty claim?

Update...Steeda is awesome, not that that is any new news, but they did get me the tunes the next day! Loaded the tune and all seems well. One difference I noticed was that when loading the custom tune now, you get the option to change other params which it didn't do before the update. I was hesitant to write back right away due to the feel that the car wasn't running as strong as it had been. You know, downshifting at 65 into 3rd, bustin the tires loose, then again hittin 4th gear! Need a longer track to see if she'll bust 'em loose in 5th :) Went to Ford to make sure there wasn't any problem and after a week the computer was still in the learning stage/mode? They also said they couldn't run a full diagnostic without returning the car to stock so I decided to give it to the end of the week. All seems well and I don't feel I need to go back to Ford. :banana:

Hi guys I stumbled across this thread while searching for answers as to why the firmware update on my sct flash tuner failed. My situation was similar what has been described earlier in this thread. Essentially I had the device plugged in to laptop via USB and was updating firmware using the SCT Device Updater version 2.9.8.39 I did the update firmware option and browsed to the file. The update appeared to be working as the progress bar loaded up. I then got a message pop up saying 'Programming Complete! Unplug/Plug Device" so I did. After this the flash tuner would not boot just a blank blue lit up screen.... Someone earlier on mentioned that the tech staff were able to fix this problem. Can you please advise how??? Luckily I backed up my tunes before doing the update but the device is bricked at the moment unless I can somehow get the firmware loaded back on it... Cheers Adam