Don't buy an Xbox360!!

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
:lol: :rlaugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175860,00.html
Here's half the article: (BTW, Sony is partners with FOX)
FOXnews said:
NEW YORK — The buzz started six months ago.

There's Bill Gates on the cover of Time magazine in May, with a glowing green-and-white machine. "Inside Bill's New Xbox" it screamed.

Since then, the Xbox 360 — a sequel to Microsoft's Xbox video-game unit — has been the subject of breathless profiles, splashy television ads and Internet gossip.

The first shipments, due Tuesday, are already sold out. Analysts are calling it this year's hot holiday gift.

Don't believe the hype — and don't buy the Xbox 360.

Oh, it's an amazing console, don't get us wrong. Plugged into a high-definition television set with a booming sound system, it's amazing, a wonderland of sights and music.

But that's the part of the problem. To get the full Xbox 360 experience, you need to spend hundreds — perhaps thousands — of dollars. All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like "Star Wars: Battlefront II" and "50 Cent: Bulletproof."........

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3364
Again, just part of the article:
There seems to be an awfully big hubbub about Microsoft's upcoming video game system, the Xbox 360. The console will arrive in stores on the 22nd just in time for the holidays, but unless you are being held at gunpoint or are some sort of shipping magnate with billions of dollars to spare, you should definitely not purchase this box of hell and lament.

Microsoft has gone with the baffling decision to launch their console with only 18 games. That's pitiful compared to the 500 titles available on the Playstation 2, which is manufactured by our advertising partner Sony, a company that's just all around a bunch of really great guys. The poor saps who defy all logic and buy an Xbox 360 won't be able to play this season's hottest titles such as the Playstation 2 version of 50 Cent: Bulletproof, EyeToy: Operation Spy, and The Official Playstation Magazine Demo Disc. I have no idea why Microsoft chose to launch the system with 18 titles instead of 500, but it's safe to say they definitely hate their audience......

:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Analysts also warn that the Xbox 360 could potentially carry a mutated strain of the asian bird flu. The consoles are being assembled in China, which is notorious for being asian. Despite this blatant public health risk, Microsoft has decided not to check any of their units for the bird flu. I guess profit means more to them than human life.

:lol: :rlaugh:

XBox 360 is backwards compatible with XBox games so I don't know what you are talking about. Honestly, how many games do you play at a time? I don't need 500 games. And Halo 3 is going to blow PS3 out of the water. The only thing Playstation has over XBox is Grand Theft Auto which eventually comes out on XBox anyway. However, Playstation doesn't have Halo. So, XBox wins!

MadHandle8169 said:
XBox 360 is backwards compatible with XBox games so I don't know what you are talking about. Honestly, how many games do you play at a time? I don't need 500 games. And Halo 3 is going to blow PS3 out of the water. The only thing Playstation has over XBox is Grand Theft Auto which eventually comes out on XBox anyway. However, Playstation doesn't have Halo. So, XBox wins!
Last I saw, you had to buy the more expensive of the two Xbox 360 consoles to get the backwards compatability of the old Xbox games. I think you have to buy the option or license or whatever to get them to work on the base model console. crapola

The base 360 comes with RCA video cables, one wired controller, and costs $299. They also have one for $399 that comes with HDTV compenent video cables, wireless controller, 20gb hard drive, and I think the DVD remote.

Low-5.0 said:
The base 360 comes with RCA video cables, one wired controller, and costs $299. They also have one for $399 that comes with HDTV compenent video cables, wireless controller, 20gb hard drive, and I think the DVD remote.

wtf, dude, that's ****in bull****. the only reason it's that expensive is because stupid people will pay that amount.

**** corporate america!

illwood said:
Last I saw, you had to buy the more expensive of the two Xbox 360 consoles to get the backwards compatability of the old Xbox games. I think you have to buy the option or license or whatever to get them to work on the base model console. crapola

Looks like you need the hard drive to get backwards compatability, which makes sense. Unfortunately M$ is ghey and made the HD optional crapola

Dan95-5.0 said:
" The consoles are being assembled in China, which is notorious for being asian"

what kind of sentence is that lol

A damn funny one if you ask me! :lol:

That second article is just a joke making fun of the first article, incase anyone couldn't figure that out.

MadHandle8169 said:
right on

Its pretty obvious that sony owns or heavily influences whoever wrote that article. They are going to trashtalk xbox as much as possible. With the xbox 1, they made up rumors that it cought on fire, which was total BS.

As a studying computer engineer, I almost gurantee you the xbox360 costs microsoft more then 300 dollars to make. Im sure their loosing money, but will easily make it back up in game sales. If you think the xbox is expensive, the ps3 is supposed to be more expensive last time i heard.
The reason u have to buy the 400 dollar system to get backwards capatability is because you need the harddrive. The xbox 1 always had a hardrive, so all teh games need it to save their data, its how the games were fundimentally programmed. You dont have to waste your money on countless menory cards like you do with the playstation.

Microsoft also is tyring to make money back by having the acessories sold seperate (if you buy the 400 dollar system you save alot of $$, its worth it). Most people still dont have an HDTV, so they offer it with the standard pack to save themselves some money, and the smaller percentage who have the HD have to buy the pack, its not really that big of a deal. Again buy the 400 dollar system and get all the goodies.

The biggest reason xbox is better is xbox live. Anyone who has used it will agree im sure. As long asyou have broadband, it works great, you can talk to peolple like your on a phone, have friends lists and all that good stuff.

I give my vote to xbox360 untill the ps3 offers something that I cant get (grand theft auto doesnt count as you can get them eventually, and on the computer too) from a system I can get 6 months sooner. They really have nothing in my opinion that makes me want one. I dont like their controllers, or their memory cards.

DarkProphet said:
Its pretty obvious that sony owns or heavily influences whoever wrote that article. They are going to trashtalk xbox as much as possible. With the xbox 1, they made up rumors that it cought on fire, which was total BS.

As a studying computer engineer, I almost gurantee you the xbox360 costs microsoft more then 300 dollars to make. Im sure their loosing money, but will easily make it back up in game sales. If you think the xbox is expensive, the ps3 is supposed to be more expensive last time i heard.
The reason u have to buy the 400 dollar system to get backwards capatability is because you need the harddrive. The xbox 1 always had a hardrive, so all teh games need it to save their data, its how the games were fundimentally programmed. You dont have to waste your money on countless menory cards like you do with the playstation.

Microsoft also is tyring to make money back by having the acessories sold seperate (if you buy the 400 dollar system you save alot of $$, its worth it). Most people still dont have an HDTV, so they offer it with the standard pack to save themselves some money, and the smaller percentage who have the HD have to buy the pack, its not really that big of a deal. Again buy the 400 dollar system and get all the goodies.

The biggest reason xbox is better is xbox live. Anyone who has used it will agree im sure. As long asyou have broadband, it works great, you can talk to peolple like your on a phone, have friends lists and all that good stuff.

I give my vote to xbox360 untill the ps3 offers something that I cant get (grand theft auto doesnt count as you can get them eventually, and on the computer too) from a system I can get 6 months sooner. They really have nothing in my opinion that makes me want one. I dont like their controllers, or their memory cards.

Good Post, good info.

Im really excited for xbox 360's launch. Ill be hitting up the local circuit citys on tuesday morning to try and get one(they dont pre odered, first come first serve). As far as really good games go - Perfect Dark (made by RARE - they made the n64 hit goldeneye) is a launch tittle and gaming sites are already putting it up there with halo2 (i doubt its that good tho). Theres a few other games that look awesome as well.

Like Dark prophet said, ps3 has NO game that would make me buy a ps3. Microsoft signed a bunch of new japenese game makers for this new system, so hits like final fantasy and resident evil will be on the xbox among MANY others. THe last rights they are trying to get is rockstar games. By the time ps3 comes out(if it even does, alot of rumors out there about cooling issues they are having with the systems) xbox360 prices will be slashed AND halo3 will be launched at the same time. I think Sony is seriously worried. From what i read, even is sony sells there system for 400$ they will still be losing money on it, so prices may be be 400+, who knows.

And xbox live rules, compared to ps2's JUNK online. Xbox live has 2mill+ subcribers at this point, soooo many people on everygame, id say a good chunk are on halo2 tho

Personally, id give money to microsoft over sony any day, i like american based companies.

Off topic - anyone else read about HALO the movie? Peter jackson (lord of the rings director) is producing it. Its supposed to be out in 07.. Knowing peter jackson i bet it will be good.