Don't buy an Xbox360!!

woa, no way, that's awesome. my gf told me about a halo movie, but the last game she played was mario 3, so i didn't believe her. peter jackson did an awesome job w/ lotr... i'm definately looking forward to a halo movie.

• Sponsors (?)

yellow1995Cobra said:
Good Post, good info.

Im really excited for xbox 360's launch. Ill be hitting up the local circuit citys on tuesday morning to try and get one(they dont pre odered, first come first serve). As far as really good games go - Perfect Dark (made by RARE - they made the n64 hit goldeneye) is a launch tittle and gaming sites are already putting it up there with halo2 (i doubt its that good tho). Theres a few other games that look awesome as well.

Like Dark prophet said, ps3 has NO game that would make me buy a ps3. Microsoft signed a bunch of new japenese game makers for this new system, so hits like final fantasy and resident evil will be on the xbox among MANY others. THe last rights they are trying to get is rockstar games. By the time ps3 comes out(if it even does, alot of rumors out there about cooling issues they are having with the systems) xbox360 prices will be slashed AND halo3 will be launched at the same time. I think Sony is seriously worried. From what i read, even is sony sells there system for 400$ they will still be losing money on it, so prices may be be 400+, who knows.

And xbox live rules, compared to ps2's JUNK online. Xbox live has 2mill+ subcribers at this point, soooo many people on everygame, id say a good chunk are on halo2 tho

Personally, id give money to microsoft over sony any day, i like american based companies.

Off topic - anyone else read about HALO the movie? Peter jackson (lord of the rings director) is producing it. Its supposed to be out in 07.. Knowing peter jackson i bet it will be good.

:Word:

Im gonna wait till probably next fall to get a 360, gotta save money to finish the stang this winter. :D The PS3 looks like it might have better graphics, but there's not really any games that interest me for it, I don't like the controller at all (PS2), and memory cards suck. Plus I just renewed my Xbox Live subscription for another year.

I heard about the Halo movie a while back, havn't heard too many details about it yet tho. I just hope it doesn't suck, and with Peter Jackson working on it I think it should turn out pretty good.

The buzz on the PS3 is that it's going to cost close to 1k$. Dont know if it's true or not, but either system you'll be more than satisfied. The PS3 has a new disc technology which allows them to store 10x more on one disc wich is cool.

The big deal now is that GAME STOP (the game retail store) is telling their customers that reserved the 360 that they will not recieve them. I have a friend that pre-ordered one and paid for it , and they called him and told him he wasnt going to get it, and that they'd give him a refund. The one's that are in numerical order for the 3 shippments will recieve one. Dont even try walmart they're only getting 3-5 XBOX360's per store.

O yeah I'm selling my XBOX360 ( The $400 one) that i'm picking up on tuesday with madden 06 and perfect dark zero. If your interested Mail me at [email protected] I'm not going to open anything , and can get other accesories if you'd want (wireless controlers,remote,XBOX live subb......).

Southern94Cobra said:
The buzz on the PS3 is that it's going to cost close to 1k$. Dont know if it's true or not, but either system you'll be more than satisfied. The PS3 has a new disc technology which allows them to store 10x more on one disc wich is cool.

The big deal now is that GAME STOP (the game retail store) is telling their customers that reserved the 360 that they will not recieve them. I have a friend that pre-ordered one and paid for it , and they called him and told him he wasnt going to get it, and that they'd give him a refund. The one's that are in numerical order for the 3 shippments will recieve one. Dont even try walmart they're only getting 3-5 XBOX360's per store.

O yeah I'm selling my XBOX360 ( The $400 one) that i'm picking up on tuesday with madden 06 and perfect dark zero. If your interested Mail me at [email protected] I'm not going to open anything , and can get other accesories if you'd want (wireless controlers,remote,XBOX live subb......).

WHy you selling it?? Selling it for more then what you pay?

The local circuit city to me said they have 27 to sell, im gonna try to get there early and grab one. Who knows how many of them will the good ones tho(400 dollar one)

Those quotes sounded far from objective, and totally unreliable. From what I hear, the new xBox's multi-functions may make it far more useable than the PS3. But it will be at least a year till we know which system wins the next generation war. Remember, history tells us that the dominant machine is no predictor of future performance (e.g., Atari, Sega, Super Nintendo).

Here is an interesting comparison (if it works) http://hardware.gamespot.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-C-15015-x-4-4

I'm kinda curious to see how Microsoft manages the early release. Will the swamp stores with excess units, making the new system appear undesireable? Will they create artificial shortages early on in hopes of triggering "hot toy" buzz? Will they fall on their face and struggle to keep up with demand for the first several months (like Sony did with the PS2 launch)? Should be interesting to see.

I quit buyin gamin systems after Nintendo 64! haha, but i started spendin the $$ on my car and my girl... better investments i think.

But it's 4AM here and i was just watchin the news and idiots are lined up in sleeping bags and tents outside bestbuy on the news... haha, i hope they all freezE!
(yes, 4AM ....YES BORED! but im in college and no classes tomorrow, so what can you expect from me!!!!)

...oh ya, i support the DON'T BUY moveMENT!

Well is just about impossible to get one.. I hit all the stores at 8am(circuitcitys dont open till 10am) and there was already 50+ people lined up at each store. Wal-mart was sold out, same with target and bestbuy. I guess ill be waiting a while for one.

Southern - Id be interested but im not paying more then what its worth.. I can wait, halo2 is still keeping me busy anyways.

lol, I just saw on tv where bill gates himself was playing people on the xbox 360. I think it might have been at a best buy, might not have been though.

I am going to wait till the ps3, rev, and xbox 360 are all under 200 bucks. Which ever one looks good then, I will buy.

Mustangless said:
lol, I just saw on tv where bill gates himself was playing people on the xbox 360. I think it might have been at a best buy, might not have been though.

I am going to wait till the ps3, rev, and xbox 360 are all under 200 bucks. Which ever one looks good then, I will buy.

But by then you'll be waiting for ps4, rev 2, and xbox 720 to fall under 200 bucks.:rlaugh: I'm pretty biased though, I'm one of the only kids I know that doesn't play any kind of console system. The last console game I got into was Need for Speed Underground and even then it got boring.

I did play all the way through the last call of duty on PC, and I have to admit it was pretty amazing. The XBOX 360 has me intrigued because of this title alone.

adam

I heard most places only have(had) 10-20 360's for this first shipment because it's a worldwide launch. Look for more of them in early December, but I havn't heard any numbers for that shipment.

The whole problem lies in Microsoft wanting to get a good headline in the news about their new system. My g/f works at a place that got the 360, they were supposed to get 50 for the first shipment, but Microsoft cut their order back to less than 20. They want the big title "Microsofts new gaming system the XBox 360 sells out on the first day"

Needless to say, the graphics on it arent that great, its ugly as hell (white white????), and its def. not worth the $400. When I play a system, I'll stick with the xbox until the price of the 360 comes down A LOT... even then there better be a big increase in the graphics of the system to make me want to even think about buying one