Roush Dont buy from vista ford in woodland hills calif!

I have a 2006 S281 supercharged coupe, #251, windveil blue, 5000 miles on it, and in mint shape, went to vista ford, they had an 07 shelby GT500 that I was checking on buying. The sales mgr insulted me in saying that my saleen was worth the same as a regular 06 mustang GT, and that the shelby was in a whole other class than my saleen. I said I agree, it is 2 classes above a shelby GT500! Besides saying that he wanted 7000.00 over msrp, which is getting closer to MSRP, but still absurd in my mind. Typical a**hole salesman/mgr at a ford dealer, insulting potential customers! Dont recommend buying anything from them!

• Sponsors (?)

I would not buy Ford at all with the ahole dealer mentality. My dad was screwed when he tried to buy a Ford GT (was promised MSRP, which jumped to MSRP +$100k when the car came in) and I have not been happy with the way dealers have treated people on the GT 500.

Let someone else take the depreciation beating and pick the car up for half price after 3 years.

Here we go again with those same laments about how awful dealerships are in treating potential customers when it comes to trade-in values, "market adjusted prices" & the overall arrogance, not to mention ignorance, of the sales staff.

These complaints are so ubiquitous they are becoming tiresome cliches.

Of course most car salesman are buttheads; it's the nature of the business. Of course they will try to wring as much profit out of customers as possible, up to & including low balling trades & tacking on over inflated dealer price stickers atop the MSRP. Why do they do these things? Because most customers are themselves ignorant about the true cost of new & used vehicles so they make it easy for the salesmen to perform their magic, so to speak. Then there are the willing sheep waiting to be sheared because they have to be the first to own the latest & hottest automotive fashion statement so they gladly pay whatever inflated price the dealership is asking.

Automotive enthusiasts & those knowledgable about actual retail/resale values are in the minority so naturally car salesmen aren't generally used to dealing with those types of customers. Add the fact that Saleen Mustangs already have a limited ownership pool & hence an equally limited resale market & it's not surprising that a dealer would be relunctant to take one on trade-in because it will likely sit on their lot unsold for several months. Look @ all of the new Saleens listed on eBay & other websites for sale. Notice, too, the depreciation of the 2005 - 2006 models.

So one salesman "insulted" you over the value of your Saleen? Perhaps he saw someone who owned a specialty vehicle for only a year or less & was looking to purchase another specialty vehicle that was particularly popular right now with a mark-up to boot, & concluded that you were one of those willing sheep to be sheared.

Cry me a river... :rolleyes:

Saleens are not the rarity they once were. The motto IN THE HANDS OF A FEW doesn't apply anymore. The resale on most of them sucks as seen on ebay. I had considered getting rid of mine awhile back to get a Z06 but wasn't willing to take the loss.

Here we go again with those same laments about how awful dealerships are in treating potential customers when it comes to trade-in values, "market adjusted prices" & the overall arrogance, not to mention ignorance, of the sales staff.

These complaints are so ubiquitous they are becoming tiresome cliches.

Of course most car salesman are buttheads; it's the nature of the business. Of course they will try to wring as much profit out of customers as possible, up to & including low balling trades & tacking on over inflated dealer price stickers atop the MSRP. Why do they do these things? Because most customers are themselves ignorant about the true cost of new & used vehicles so they make it easy for the salesmen to perform their magic, so to speak. Then there are the willing sheep waiting to be sheared because they have to be the first to own the latest & hottest automotive fashion statement so they gladly pay whatever inflated price the dealership is asking.

Automotive enthusiasts & those knowledgeable about actual retail/resale values are in the minority so naturally car salesmen aren't generally used to dealing with those types of customers. Add the fact that Saleen Mustangs already have a limited ownership pool & hence an equally limited resale market & it's not surprising that a dealer would be reluctant to take one on trade-in because it will likely sit on their lot unsold for several months. Look @ all of the new Saleens listed on eBay & other websites for sale. Notice, too, the depreciation of the 2005 - 2006 models.

So one salesman "insulted" you over the value of your Saleen? Perhaps he saw someone who owned a specialty vehicle for only a year or less & was looking to purchase another specialty vehicle that was particularly popular right now with a mark-up to boot, & concluded that you were one of those willing sheep to be sheared.

Cry me a river... :rolleyes:

Don't cry me a river, cry Ford a river as they lose market share and I direct millions of dollars worth of business to other manufacturers.

Cry a river for the guy who payed $30k over MSRP for his 1 of 10,000 2007 GT-500's made when I pay him $30-$35k for it in 3 years.

The dealer's are cutting their nose off despite their faces. They can make a little money off of a few people for eternity or they can make a killing off of a few and have no more sales due to loyal consumers like me who will no longer support the brand.

Don't cry me a river, cry Ford a river as they lose market share and I direct millions of dollars worth of business to other manufacturers.

Cry a river for the guy who payed $30k over MSRP for his 1 of 10,000 2007 GT-500's made when I pay him $30-$35k for it in 3 years.

The dealer's are cutting their nose off despite their faces. They can make a little money off of a few people for eternity or they can make a killing off of a few and have no more sales due to loyal consumers like me who will no longer support the brand.

Exactly:nice:

FoMoCo is losing market share because some buffoon salesman @ a dealership says something that insults a customer?!?

Really? I'm sure there is empirical evidence to support this fact, right?

FYI - dealerships are independently owned franchises that are not directly controlled by the manufacturers of the vehicles they sell. The MSRP is a "suggested" price offered by the manufacturer as a result of federal government dictat. The dealer may sell the vehicles for whatever price they can get for them, higher or lower than the MSRP.

So, I'm supposed to sympathsize with someone who willingly paid well over MSRP to own what he/she considered to be the latest, must-have, trendy automotive fashion statement?

Please. I'm sure the dealership held this customer's family for ransom in order to make the sale, too, right?

Capitalism = Econonmic Fascism

FoMoCo is losing market share because some buffoon salesman @ a dealership says something that insults a customer?!?

FYI - dealerships are independently owned franchises that are not directly controlled by the manufacturers of the vehicles they sell. The MSRP is a "suggested" price offered by the manufacturer as a result of federal government dictat. The dealer may sell the vehicles for whatever price they can get for them, higher or lower than the MSRP.

So, I'm supposed to sympathsize with someone who willingly paid well over MSRP to own what he/she considered to be the latest, must-have, trendy automotive fashion statement?

Please. I'm sure the dealership held this customer's family for ransom in order to make the sale, too, right?

Capitalism = Econonmic Fascism

-- If my dollar is not going to Ford and is going to another mfg, Ford is losing market share right? If I tell 100 of my friends about my bad experience with Ford and they don't buy a Ford product, does this not have an impact on sales and revenue generated for Ford?

--No, just the way business happens to work. You are welcome to spend however long you need to research this though. Let me know what you find.

--Nobody minds the next guy making money, it is when the customer is taken advantage of (whether they were willing to pay over MSRP of not) that drives sales away to another mfg. The tail is actually wagging the dog here. If the dealers are hoarding Ford GT's or GT500's and waiting until they can get X+MSRP, in Ford's eyes the cars would seem to be selling much slower than they should. Ford in turn backs production down or eliminates the vehicle due to slow sales.

--Not at all, but don't expect future sales from loyal buyers to continue.

--This is an absurd statement.

Salesman at dealers are notoriously ignorant. No offense to anyone that might be a salesman here, but most of these guys are car salesman for a reason.

Two saleen dealers near me, morons, literally morons.

You'd think guys that work at a dealer would maybe pick up car and driver or motortrend, god knows they have the time, but they don't, they spend all their time outside smoking cigarettes at $8 a pack.

But you got to know ahead of time, they are going to try and shaft you on trading in a real saleen. It's what they all do.