donut gasket between hpipe and pass mani.. which way does it face????

donut gasket between hpipe and pass mani.. which way does it face????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

don't remember what way gasket faces "xpipe to manifold"
ok. so i dont remember what way the gasket came off lol. one side has the graphite looking part sticking out futher. and the other side is kinda more flush but does stick up a little.. any help is appreciated! thanks matt

• Sponsors (?)

pic doesnt work sorry!
this is the flatter side.. i belive this side goes against the x pipe. the actual brass peice has a lip on it instead of the graphit peice.. but it does stick up the tinest bit.. hopefully the pic works :)

grannycar:

Put a little film of high temp, O2-friendly, copper RTV on both side so the gasket and try to tighten each side down a little at a time so the gasket is compressed evenly. This should reduce the chances for a leak (and no slight intended about your wrenching!!).

Chris

grannycar:

Well, I think it is important to make the flanges as parallel to each other as you can so that the pressure is even all the way around on the gasket. Give 30 lb-ft a try (lol) and see if the joint holds together (I think it will).

Good luck.

Chris

Put the flat side of the gasket on the x-pipe. First thing to installing the new gasket is to ONLY tighten the pass side of the pipe alternating between the upper and lower bolt until tight. I like set the back of the x-pipe on a jack stand unitl the bolts are tight. Also try to wiggle the x-pipe up and down while tighting the bolts. Aft the pass side it on then the drivers side then attach the two back pipes.

I got a new gasket for mine at 50resto $10

good luck man