Door doesn't "pop" out, 66

xj220

Founding Member
Sep 15, 2000
We had a new door latch assembly installed on the driver's side door and it doesn't "pop" out when you open it from the inside or outside. I haven't torn the door open yet, but was wondering if you guys have any ideas of what to look at or would cause it. The passenger door works just fine, it's the driver side that's having the issue. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, I'll give it a look. Just to be on the same page, you're talking about the external post attached to the main body the latch hooks onto? What should I be looking for?

The striker (the post in the door jamb) has 2 big screws on it, if you loosen them that striker will move about 1/2" in any direction, it may be twisted and not causing the latches to engage properly. You SHOULD be able to play with that and get it to work right. I would loosen just one of the screws and twist the striker forward or backwards just a little and tighten it back up and try the door again....and just keep trying in small increments one way or another until you notice a change. If that don't work, you may have a latch issue or may have to adjust the door hinges...