Door Lock Actuators

• Sponsors (?)

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/r/lrichker/Mustang_tech/door_actuator_fix/1_of_8_door_actuator.htm

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $4. Fix one side for $17, do both sides for only $23. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

actuator_install_in_door.jpg

I don't think so. the 5.0 resto kit I believe is a lot more expensive and his way is better and cheaper. I have used it for both my doors. 2 years later I still have the klunk sound that I love when I hit the lock/unlock button

Joey5.0 said:
I orded the Kit from 50Restoration.com. So are your instructions for this kit?
They don't put money in my pocket, so I don't support them.

The instructions on the website will help you to remove and replace any actuator if you have the necessary mechanical skill.

I was just joking, I am sure I have the skills to do it, but not sure I want to hassle with it. I would like something just to bolt on and be done with it. I think I will let the person installing my alarm deal with it.:D

If you can measure, use a hacksaw, and drill a few holes, you can do it. None of the tolerances are critical, so if you are off a little one way or the other, it will still work OK. It is an easy and fun project with some very gratifying results

Joey5.0 said:
Is the 50resto kit a bad kit or something?

I just bought 50 resto's actuator kit and it fits very nice and easy to install, but the actuators themselves are of very low quality and now they don't go up and down like they used to when I hit the button. I don't care cause at least it's smooth when locking and unlocking whereas before it was all binding.

I would DEF try the JR Actuator Fix and I plan on trying it sometime in the future. Or spend $100 on each side from Ford but you DO get good equipment from them to say the least.

Joey5.0 said:
Are these easy to install? Mine went out and it drives me crazy.... Is there any mehtod to taking the door panels off?

I also got the kit from 5.0 resto, like said previously the actuators are not the highest quality.

They make a tool for removing the door panels. But my carefully placed flathead screwdriver works fine.

Not too difficult,
the take the panel off
disconnect wiring from actuator
drill out rivit
take old actuator out

place new one in and use rivit gun to secure it
reattach wiring

then
:D

dustang31 said:
I also got the kit from 5.0 resto, like said previously the actuators are not the highest quality.

They make a tool for removing the door panels. But my carefully placed flathead screwdriver works fine.

Not too difficult,
the take the panel off
disconnect wiring from actuator
drill out rivit
take old actuator out

place new one in and use rivit gun to secure it
reattach wiring

then
:D

It's really this easy. The hardest part is finding someone with the rivet gun if you don't have one.