Door problem

DRFT_STNG

Jun 14, 2004
hey kids.. tuesday after school i shut my door to leave.. and a metalic sound came ringing from it.. so i open it and shut it a few times looking like a retard and all.. theres a large piece of metal in my door ( bracker ot something came off.. power windows power locks latches.. aevrything works just find theres just a piece of metel sliding around within it.. so i need to know if anyones had this problem, if anyone knows what it might be, and how do you get the panel off without breaking anything.. the panel removal and reassembly are my biggest fears.. any help would be great.. thanks guys

by the ways its a '95 GT power everyting.. if that helps

-Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Mine just started doing that earlier this week! I have no idea what it is, yet. I guess I'm just gonna wait until I get new door panels to freshen up my interior to deal with it. :shrug:

Not sure what the metal piece could be other then something to do with the window track.

The door panel comes off easy except be careful when pulling off the plastic handle cup piece( thing you use to close the door). There are plastic tabs that can snap off. This happened to me and had to order another one.

Strange thing the old piece had like a black rubber coating on it and the new one did not.

Does anyone know where you can get the plastic that covers the outside of the door under the door panel? Mine is not sticking in several spots and I think it's letting in air.

Sorry for the long post.

I think your best bet might be to go down to napa and get the service book. It has lots of pretty pictures to show exactly how the door panels come off, and I think it only costs $10-20 (well worth it not to accidentally brake something that would cost twice that to replace). It's also very useful for learning other stuff about the car.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit.

jwater7