Door Rebuild

Hi all ... I am in the process of putting my 65 fastback together after a sheet metal and paint-job. I need to put the doors back together next and would like to know the correct order to put the parts together if anyone can please help. They are completely bare and I have new beltline strips etc. It is just that I did the doors on my 67 Beetle recently and had to take the glass and other stuff out to fit the winder mechanism.
It is around a year since I took the mustang doors apart and seem to remember some difficulty in getting the window glass and door lock mechanism out ... I don't want to mark my new shiny paint job !!

• Sponsors (?)

I`m in same boat, took mine apart about a year ago and looking at same issue. I do remember that the beltline strips had to come off to get the glass out though, which means they`d be the last thing to go back on. If that helps.

lets see if i can rember ,just did one about a month ago. pull the rubber block out of the bottom of door so so glass can be lowered all the way to the bottom ,start with the latch assembly
then the outside door handle and lock ,window regulator next with the rollers off and the short guide bar .lay the rear window guide chanel in bottom of door, then the window,slide the plastic rollers in chanel on glass, then push the pins on regulator in to the plastic rollers, carefully roll window up ,reach inside door and slip the rear runner in place and insert bolts make sure the allen head adjuster screw is loose so the adjuster can be moved, little cussing helps,then the wind wing goes in thats a whole lot more cussing
the window felts will be the last pieces thats why you removed the rubber block at the bottom of door so the glass will drop below the felts making it easy to get the felts in
hope i didnt miss any thing but its prety much the same for 67-68 as well . the adjusters will be the last thing in

Hi guy's, I normally get my outside door handle and cylinder lock in place because you can get right to it. Loosely install the rear track and lower the glass in the door. Now bolt in the regulator and mechanism in place and attach the glass to it, making the window roll up and down. Lower the vent window frame in place while installing the allen wrench headed bolt's in as you move the frame down into the door.( you will need to thread a few all the way in, to clear the inner gut's of the door so once in place you can unscrew them thru the hole's they will be tightened to. Bolt the vent window frame in place and start making your adjustment's from there. Keep an eye out for an upcoming episode of the show, I will try and cover the detail's. Doc