Door Striker Removal?

jpolakow

Nov 23, 2006
Hi I am trying to remove the door striker plate off of the quarter panel/ b pillar.
I tried removing the two phillips screws with a large screwdriver to no avail. Those suckers are on tight! Anybody removed them before? How did you do it? The phillips screws are also quite large, larger than any phillips screwdriver I have seen. Thanks for the help!!

• Sponsors (?)

I've got em off on mine before...

it takes a big frickin screwdriver and put a vicegrip on the handle to turn it so you can push on it and turn it at the same time...doable...but not easy. :D

If they are that tight (and mine were) you should use an impact driver like this:

93481.gif

This is a hand tool (not power) which uses a screw driver tip (usually come with a good assortment with some larger philips bits). You hold it in the head of the screw with one hand and give the end of it a whack with a hammer. When you whack the end, has internal which apply force/tourque to turn the screw. Usually works really well for these types of situations. Can probably pick it up for under $20 and is good to have in your toolbox for future needs. Especially on these older cars...