Door Stuck Closed

mrswivlepants

Aug 13, 2003
I've got a bit of a problem with my drivers side door in my 90 LX. The locking mechanism seems to have seized up. The door is locked. I tore the door panel off and tried to manually release the lock but that lever is stuck. The lever connected to the rod leading to the interior door handle is stuck as well. Anyone have any tricks that might help? Is there any way I can get the outer cover that houses the lock assembly off so I can pry around inside? It all appears to be riveted together.

• Sponsors (?)

If your window still works, just climb through the window. It looks cool, just be carefully about scratching the paint. :nice:

Or do what krallman said. Good luck

Ifyou have power door locks, the door lock actuator has probably frozen. Remove or disconnect it from the rest of the lock mechanism.

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/r/lrichker/Mustang_tech/door_actuator_fix/1_of_8_door_actuator.htm

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $5. Fix one side for $18, do both sides for only $25. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

Here’s a picture of the new actuator installed:

actuator_install_in_door.jpg