Double din radio in a 94-98, help!

Soon2BfastGT

Jul 19, 2001
I'm wanting to install a double din radio in my 98, but I want to put it in the top two slots and move the a/c controls to the very bottom pocket. I pretty much know that this is going to take some fabrication (unless someone makes a kit??), but has anyone done this and what is involved? Or have a picture of what this looks like? I was debating putting the radio bezel out of an 01+ in my 98, but the double din radio will have to sit recessed in the very bottom by the shifter and I don't really care for that. I'd rather have it up higher. Comments, suggestions, pictures...

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

system02.jpg

One big radio. Basically use the top two slots in your picture (a/c controls and your cd player) as the spot for the one big radio, then move the a/c controls to the bottom empty pocket.

Yeah, I knew it was going to take a bit of custom fabrication which is fine, its just always nice to know if someone else has done it and possibly see pictures of the finished project to know a little more about what I'm shooting for or what I'm up against. (I'm sure many people have done it, they just aren't around to help)

Thanks for your input though.