Down on power (lower rpm's)

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys...I fixed a big part of the problem! I can now spin the tires from a stop without a brakestand. What I did was clean MAF clean IAT and added Lucas Transmission Additive to my aode. I think the additive did the trick.. I feel so much more pull! DO IT mustangless

I use to have this problem. I just had my transmission rebuilt [f-ing expensive btw] and had a shiftkit and a 2800rpm convertor installed. It peels outta first, leaves about 2 feet into second then just pulls. I also did a full tune up and cleaned my MAF.

Synned said:
Hey guys...I fixed a big part of the problem! I can now spin the tires from a stop without a brakestand. What I did was clean MAF clean IAT and added Lucas Transmission Additive to my aode. I think the additive did the trick.. I feel so much more pull! DO IT mustangless

did you ever check your mpg? I guess I could try the transmission additive. I got your PM, I already cleaned maf, iac and throttle body.

is this what you used?
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?categorycode=3265&mfrcode=LCO&mfrpartnumber=10009

I am right around there! There is something wrong with both of our cars. And its not good. Heres the deal with my car now:
Sometimes I can peel off the line, sometimes it has no power in the lower. It's so weird. And I get the ****tiest mpg ever. Is it our torque converters?

Synned said:
I am right around there! There is something wrong with both of our cars. And its not good. Heres the deal with my car now:
Sometimes I can peel off the line, sometimes it has no power in the lower. It's so weird. And I get the ****tiest mpg ever. Is it our torque converters?

I am not sure. I am coming pretty close to just replacing mine. I am wanting a new one anyways but I don't want to drop that much cash and it not fix the problem.

Synned said:
Well you do it first...lol im not allowed to do any mods till im 17...6 months

I see that your car has 52k miles. Mine has 76k miles, that seems low miles for a TQ to be failing. I will work on finding out the problem, if I figure it out I will post.
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=672578&highlight=rpms

I found this on a board. One person said their igntion coil was bad, I also read something about the differntial.

This is tempting right here
Edge Mild Street

Mustangless, does your car hesitate too? Sometimes when I get on it my car hesitates for a little bit. Grr.. this is so frustrating. One minute I can spin, the next 10 min I can't. I mean I don't care about spinning the tires but there definitally is something wrong. And I used a half a tank of gas today! IN 54 MILES! How horrible is that!?!?!?!? Jeezus christ.

Synned said:
Mustangless, does your car hesitate too? Sometimes when I get on it my car hesitates for a little bit. Grr.. this is so frustrating. One minute I can spin, the next 10 min I can't. I mean I don't care about spinning the tires but there definitally is something wrong. And I used a half a tank of gas today! IN 54 MILES! How horrible is that!?!?!?!? Jeezus christ.

My car sort of hesitates. It was worse but when I adjusted the timing to 11 it got better. I know what you mean about gas, 80 miles and half a tank. I might be able to get it looked at tommorow.

Did you try that additive? That seemed to help a lot...but its still off and on. I don't get that part. Also theres like 5 kids on here that had the exact same problem, when they did something to the AODE it fixed the problem. I don't think its anything else. One kid swapped in a t5, one kid got it rebuilt and added stall etc and the problem is gone.

Synned said:
Did you try that additive? That seemed to help a lot...but its still off and on. I don't get that part. Also theres like 5 kids on here that had the exact same problem, when they did something to the AODE it fixed the problem. I don't think its anything else. One kid swapped in a t5, one kid got it rebuilt and added stall etc and the problem is gone.

No, i never did add that additive. I am tempted to buy a new TQ converter but I just bought wheels. Now I am going to need tires. Also if I do that TQ converter, I will want to modify the valvebody, add a cooler, and maybe even buid it up according to the 450hp strong directions on tocca.com. After that I will have put too much money in. I will try more research :notnice:

Makes sense, 10 in the city and 20 highway, the converters are only slipping during starting/stopping. Agree? $500 fix. :-( and I can't do it for another 6 months. Maybe a transmission cooler will help?

Sounds overwhelmingly like a TQ problem. A tranny cooler will add life to the new tq but might help a little with the stock one. Also, the low MPG you guys are seeing are more than likely du to too much tq slipping, but check your O2's as well. Mine hesitated and crapped out gas all the time.