drag radial thread

88_GT_5_oh

Sportin' a turbo 5.0 in Canadistan
Jul 4, 2004
WPG/MB/CA
i did a search and came up with some answers but i wanted to get a couple people in one thread posting some info on tires they have ran.

bassically if you could put in your post:

what rims
Size of Tires
Brand of Tires
year and style of car
how they act on the track
how they are on the street
how well they wear
overall opinions on the tire

i'm sure this would be helpful for some other people as well, i searched but had to dig through a couple threads to see opinions but some info was left out, i was hoping to get everything in one place

• Sponsors (?)

rims: Weld AlumaStar 2.0 9 1/4" width,15" hiegth

size: 275/60/15

brand: M/T

y/s: 86' GT "street/strip" car (little on the radical side for street,PM me if you want detials)

on track:well....not good for us off the line,but nicer than slicks on top end (more stable)

on street:no complaints,handled better than slicks/ET Streets

wear:There supposed to last more than a day? :shrug: (not bad,but heavy right

foot with alot of power aint good for them on the streets,tears them up)

overall: meh,good tire for racing,too small for our power level,dont get much live out of them on the street

Good thread, but..

I have tried out Dragradials for street/ strip use, and, after 6 years of experimenting, There is nothing like wrinklewall tires. Drag radials is a tire mainly developed for automatic shifted cars... OK, they will work fine on stick shifted cars, but better if automatic is your choise. Just me..:flag:
Street tires, are street tires, and go for wrinklewalltires if you need traction.
Buy a set of extra wheels, and put them on if you gonna race.:)

View attachment 390990

275/50/15 nittos - good all around tire, ran them for about a year doing lots of burnouts and still held onto their tread. Sucked ass at the track.

255/50/16 MT ET radials - ****ing awesome. Ill change them every 6,000 miles if thats what it takes to get this kind of traction on the street and track. Not as bad as some might lead you to believe in the rain.

+1 to nothing beats a wrinkle wall.

I have tried out Dragradials for street/ strip use, and, after 6 years of experimenting, There is nothing like wrinklewall tires. Drag radials is a tire mainly developed for automatic shifted cars... OK, they will work fine on stick shifted cars, but better if automatic is your choise. Just me..:flag:
Street tires, are street tires, and go for wrinklewalltires if you need traction.
Buy a set of extra wheels, and put them on if you gonna race.:)

Yea but with out drag radials we might get REAL traction and flip over cause of no wheelie bars,lol.

:rolleyes:

anyone got any links to cheap places to buy drag radials

i am leaning towards the M/T, the car is my "toy" lol. if its gonna rain it stays in the garage and i go off roading in the truck ;), i just want something that isn't gonna spin like crazy when i decide to mash the gas on the street, last year once i built boost and was merging onto the highway i could spin the tires doing 80 km/h, its fun at first then it got annoying (well kinda)

I have 275/50 -15 mickies.. they are AWESOME!! I have only put about 300 miles on them since the beggining of march. I dont think they are going to last very long, but they DEF hook better than my BFG DR's. BFG's went 11.30's @ 126 w/ 1.72 sixty and these hook a TON harder then the BFG's ever did. ;-)

rim- Pony's
Tires- 255/50/16 MT Drag Radials
year and style of car- 93 Coupe
track- Very Sticky, too much for stock axles and hard launches
street- great traction, watch out for anything wet...
wear- 3-5k miles AT Best...
overall opinions on the tire- Great for a weekend racer that doesnt want a dedicated race tire.

rims-Pro Stars
Tires-275/65/15 Nitto 555R
year and style of car- 93 Coupe
track- Decent w/o burnout. Stable at high speed.
street- Exelent in the dry, drivable in the wet.
wear- Should expect 10k mile +
overall opinions on the tire- Great long lasting tire, that hooks well for a lower price than most drag tires.