Drag Springs and driving

tjh566

May 22, 2004
Northern Va
Ok, im thinkin about gettin those Eibach drag launch springs with the airbag in the one rear spring, my question is how is normal street driving, occassionally i like to take a few turns but nothing serious, my main thing is drag racing, just wondering how they handled on the street.

Need to get this thing to hook!

• Sponsors (?)

I would think you could get away with drag springs with adjustable struts and shocks. Just dial them up to a stiff setting for street use. I never go above half way on my 10ways because it is way too stiff of a ride on the streets.
I'd bet they would work very well with drag springs.

At the track I set the rears to 7 and fronts to 1 to help in weight transfer during the launch.

I have them. Basically you won't be able to tell much difference at all in daily driving. I notice under HARD braking you nose dive a bit more. But to be honest, they need different struts and shocks to work REALLY well.

I have the 10-way adjustable shocks... just have to get the struts now.

This pic was with the stock engine and the 125 shot once I got moving and on nitto DRs, but you can see they do pretty good from a dead stop. I pulled a 1.86 with my auto. The photo is most likely BEFORE the nitrous hit.

Mokan3R11213A013.jpg

Attachments

• Mokan3R11213A013.jpg
    Mokan3R11213A013.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 78
I put mine in a couple of years ago and at the same time put in Lakewood 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks. I was surprised that some people thought that with this setup it would be horrible on the street, but it is more than managable, especially if you don't drive like an idiot! :D

anybody have pics of there cars with the springs installed so i can see the ride height?

Here's me in my goofy helmet. Oh, and stock height is about right. The front will start a little higher. Like a 1/2", but mine has settled back down since the install. You MUST use a spring compressor to put them in. They are taller than the old stock "settled" springs when they are new.

MokanR11920A020.jpg

Attachments

• MokanR11920A020.jpg
    MokanR11920A020.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 59
Its said to remain about stock. But I have no first hand experience, but this was a good point for me, I cant lower mine, live on a dirt road with alot of potholes =\

That's why I went this route. The roads around here suck. So when people tell me I should change my springs, I tell them I have drag springs. Then magically it's "okay" that my car is higher off the ground. :rolleyes: :rlaugh: