Draglite Fitment Question

Jeff Cardwell

Aug 11, 2003
Harrison,TN
Is anyone running a 15x7 with a 4 1/2 backspace on the front of an 87-93 Mustang with V-8 brakes (11 inch rotors). Did you use a spacer and if so what brand and were to buy. I have tried to mount some on the front of my Coupe and the top caliper bolts rub on the inside lip by the lug nut mount? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Jeff Cardwell said:
Is anyone running a 15x7 with a 4 1/2 backspace on the front of an 87-93 Mustang with V-8 brakes (11 inch rotors). Did you use a spacer and if so what brand and were to buy. I have tried to mount some on the front of my Coupe and the top caliper bolts rub on the inside lip by the lug nut mount? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff
Yes, I have the 15x7 draglites, and on my old notch I ground down the side of the bolt and it had enough clearance. On my GT now, I tried that and for some reason it wasn't enough. I run a spacer on there. I believe it's 1/4". It was fairly cheap from Summit, under $20 a pair I believe. I can't remember exactly but I think the brand was either Moroso or Mr. Gasket. If you do any racing, I guess some places require a hubcentric spacer only now. I haven't really checked into those, but I guess they are over $125 a pair. On the front tires I wasn't too concerned with that. You should run 3" long studs with the draglites if you don't have them already especially when running a spacer.

On a side note, I've had draglite skinnies on the front too and those clear without any modification.