Drastic Price Drop in Value in the 99-04 Mustang GT's

I had 2 Mustangs too, but right now I have only 1 Mustang. My 2002 Mustang V6 was totalled a few months ago and right now, I am left with only my 2001 Mustang GT. The 2001 GT had only 2,800 miles when I put it on the road in March. I now have 4,500 miles on it.
I've also purchased another car since my 2002 Mustang V6 got totalled. I wanted a much larger vehicle that had a lot more room than the Mustang so I purchased a brand new 2008 Dodge Charger R/T with the Road & Track Performance Package. I love the Charger. It's got a lot more room than my Mustang and it is also a luxury car. You should look at the Charger R/T if you are looking for a luxury car with some muscle.

I also drive 20,000 miles a year. And in a Mustang it ruins the fun if you are in a car that much.

I like chargers, but they aren't really the sort of car I am looking for. Plus i don't want a V8. I want something quiet, cozy and AWD.

I'm actually looking at Infiniti G35x's.

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing like 35mpg on the Gixxer :D :nice:

I've been seriously debating getting a bike to beat the gas crunch. I commute 50 miles a day with my Mustang. Every though it gets awesome highway mileage (23-27MPG) I could do much better on a bike getting 35-55MPG.

I'm just worried about the nuts on their cell phones on the highway.

This is nothing new all Fords have terribly low resale value
that's why I don't own one.Also Fords have their fair share
of problems too.
I own two Subaru's because they have excellent resale value,
very dependable and reliable,get great MPG,and can be made
just as fast as any vehicle out there.Subaru's are also one of the
top ten vehicles to hold their value over a five year period.
Sell your Ford Mustang and buy a Subaru if you want a vehicle
that holds their value very well.

have you seen your old aviatar and CT pennywise :rlaugh:

why are you on a mustang board ? i asked that already are you a troll :eek:

Subaru's hold their value because every fanoi wants one or wants to be like one with a super farty can on the back.

I think they are ok, awd is a plus if you live in the snow belt, but mpg wise, they aren't anything super. I had some tard picking on my Sentra Spec v in one only to not be able to pull away from me; looser.

I sold off my nissan that had a best of 31 mpg, averaged 27-30 in the summer and for my current DD; I love my 04 GT. The Gt has had 24.25, 25, 24.07 on the last three tanks and that's not too shabby for a slushbox.

I bought the car in Jan, had 34K on it, for 13200. The car had lost half of it's value in four years.

I believe Mustangs to be one of Ford's better built cars. I have friends that have over 300,000 on two 5L's.

Ford's heavy incentives kill resale value.

As far as having two 'Stangs, I don't mind it in the least. As far as the GT being all season, I usually hang with 4x4's in the snow with my Blizzak equipped 'Stang.

I also commute 40 miles a day on a minimum; today was 110.

If you get a bike to commute on, ATGATT (all the gear all the time) Armor is your friend; I could care less if an HD guy without a helmit wants to scatter his brains next to the squid in sandels; besides, all cagers are out to run you over.

you can thank OTC trading for high gas prices:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JE06Dj07.html

It's just a combination of things but the main one being fuel prices. I have a friend that runs a dealership and pretty much anything with a diesel or v8 engine is dead on the lot. Everyone wants 4 and 6 cylinder vehicles right now and very few are going to V8's due to perception that they are gas hogs.

About 8-10 months ago I looked around and Mach 1's and Terminators and they were selling pretty strongly and close to book value. Then last month I the Mach 1 I bought was at a dealer for $25k for a while and no one bit on it. I got it for less than trade in value with over $20k in mods to it. For someone in the market for any kind of muscle car now is the time to find a great deal. Anyone selling you either have to be patient or take a hit to sell it quick. I took a hit on my Diesel truck that was killing me to drive every day but I made out great on the Mach 1 and F-250 I bought to replace that diesel truck.

Bill

I think a Mustang is a niche car.

People who buy them buy then because it's a MUstang. If i was looking for a commuter car, it def wouldn't be a V8 Mustang

true.If I wanted a commuter I would prob go with a Taurus.My momhas a 99 abd it gets about 32-33mpg and I just bought an 01 taurus for my wife to commute in(45milesa day to work) and it gets 30mpg...both have v6,the only diff between the 2 in my wifes will also run on flex fuel.Im not worried much with the stang...I only drive maybe 15miles a day.

Also I have found that online sites for milage isnt always that accurate.When my dad tells ford the mpg he gets with the Taurus they are in disbelief...but He tracks his milage with every fillup and keeps all reciepts(makes my mom do it too):rolleyes: He then shows his records and they say thats good.My dad keeps up very well with all maintance on his cars..maybe that has some to do with it.Now the one I bought my wife last month has been taking very good care of,it has every oil change reciept for it,on time since its first change and looks like all reciepts for any other work done.Cant complain it was only 6k paid cash with low milage,about 50k on the clock.

yea, but trust me dealers are not going to drop their prices 5 grand. even if they did that still isnt that bad according to those prices. they are still expensive

oh dont get me wrong i think those cars might sit there forever at those prices. the gas is really hurting everyone who would normally want this type of car. i know they will have to reduce their price in the near future. all i was saying is as of now they seem to be asking what they have always been asking. im sure they will be a bit more flexable on how low they go now though.

yea, but trust me dealers are not going to drop their prices 5 grand. even if they did that still isnt that bad according to those prices. they are still expensive

For me they did. I got $5,178 OFF when I purchased my brand new 2008 Dodge Charger R/T R&T for $31,972 + sales tax, title and documentation fees.

oh dont get me wrong i think those cars might sit there forever at those prices. the gas is really hurting everyone who would normally want this type of car. i know they will have to reduce their price in the near future. all i was saying is as of now they seem to be asking what they have always been asking. im sure they will be a bit more flexable on how low they go now though.

Brand new and used automobile prices on Mustangs and Dodge Chargers and Challengers will get better and a lot lower when gasoline will cost over $5.00 a gallon.