Drastic Price Drop in Value in the 99-04 Mustang GT's

everything in 8 cyl form is going to drop alot if gas hits 5 bucks a gallon. btw 5 bucks a gallon is god damn retarded!!! they have to figure something out in this country

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, force the oil companies to build more refineries and ramp up production.

The problem is the world is consuming more oil, but the oil companies aren't moving to step up their production to match demand...yet. The price has slowly climbed as countries like china begin to comsume more and more.

I can't even really say the oil companies are driving up prices. The demand has gone up...they just haven't increased the supply.

yea, but trust me dealers are not going to drop their prices 5 grand. even if they did that still isnt that bad according to those prices. they are still expensive

Actually they will. I got nearly $8k off the asking price for the Mach 1 I got and I know a person that got an '00 GT for about $5k under asking price.

Times are bad now but you can look at it this way diesel truck owners have it the worst. Last year my 2004 F350 Crew Cab Diesel w/90k miles on it burnt to the ground and I got $30k from Allstate. A truck with nearly all the same features and options was brought into a friends dealership two weeks ago and the most he could offer the guy was $11k and his selling price would have been $15k, book value was $24k. Thing is they don't sell, no one wants them right now, he has two or three on his lot that are rotting away as no one will even look twice at them. The only trucks that are selling are 1/2 gas trucks and even they aren't flying out the doors.

Bill

First the dealers have to unload any cars (V8's) they bought before these
insane gas prices hit. They must make a profit. But the V8's they take in now
is a different story, buy much cheaper..... sell cheaper. Big supply, small demand.

Same thing happened to all car dealers during the late 70's when gasoline prices wnet over $1.25 a gallon. They had a lot of V8's which just sat on the lots unsold. I remember when you could buy a brand new fully loaded 1978 and 1979 $18,000 Lincoln Mark V for only $12,000 because the dealers wanted to unload them. The same thing is going to happen all over again right now. You will be able to find excellent deals on all V8 Mustangs, Dodge Chargers, SUV's and trucks.

Yes, force the oil companies to build more refineries and ramp up production.

The problem is the world is consuming more oil, but the oil companies aren't moving to step up their production to match demand...yet. The price has slowly climbed as countries like china begin to comsume more and more.

I can't even really say the oil companies are driving up prices. The demand has gone up...they just haven't increased the supply.

That's all red herring... gas prices are up because the US opened OTC trading that no longer has to be monitored by law and speculation rules. Exxon, OPEC, and several others have testified in a court of law that if we looked at current supply vs demand, oil would be 55-60 dollars a barrel.

From 1983-2007 the US only increased it's gasoline consumption by 16%. Even with China, India, and two others coming online, the demand has not increased as much as the speculation has driven these fictiscous to unbelievable highs. Peak oil sounds great on paper, we were supposed to have surpass peak oil in by 1995 LOL.

The astronomical oil prices are a big scam. It's just a way for the big oil companies to make billions of dollars in profits. We are getting screwed. The high cost of oil is affecting everything right now. People do NOT have the extra money laying around to afford the higher oil prices. I believe that things will get worse.