dreaming...stock short block limits

Starting to plan for next summer when I'm off. Would my stock short block with approx 60k live under 6lbs of boost with a Kenne Bell? OR should I just start building a stroker short block and wait for boost.......

I know what I should do......but I like the idea of boost and soon.....so....will it live?

• Sponsors (?)

Of course it will...

The stock short block has held up to over 500rwhp on some applications..

As many will tell you, it's all in the tune.

I'd be more worried about the AODE before the short block, and hey someone close to me!

it will survive if you have a good tune. the stock block question is always subjective as some people have had success running 600rwhp (eades5.0) and others have had it grenade at 320rwhp.

In preparation i would at the very least do a compression test to make sure your not going into it with problems.

You will be just fine with a good tune. Many guys run in the 500s and never have troubles. Granted some have destroyed, but rio95 for example has been running 16 lbs of boost or so out of his turbo for a few years now and his motor has held up fine. Go for it! Just get a tune!

i agree go for it. just make sure the tune is top notch. what ruins engines isn't a power number its more a bad running condition i.e. tune, back fire, blowby, etc.

A Kenne Bell at 6 LBs will get you around 400 +/- 20. Keep it under 6000 RPMS and tune conservatively and it will last forever. Providing your compression test looks ok. You are right in that your tranny will peace out after a while though.

Adam