dressing heads

sn-95matt5-0

Nov 6, 2006
how much does it cost to dress a set of new bare heads. i have been looking at a set of ford racing z heads and they go bare for 556 each and assembled for anywhere between 819 to 1011.

so how much would it cost to put together the heads for just a street application and keeping the rpms below 6k.

• Sponsors (?)

ok thanks for the heads up i just saw that it said they had CNC'd combustion chambers and i figured they were ready to assemble.

alright how bout with any other head what all would i have to buy to assemble a set of heads that didnt need any machine work done.

Intake valves, exhaust valves, valve seals, valve springs, retainers, keepers, possibly guideplates, and screw in studs also, if not pedestal mount heads.

AFR 185cc heads would seem like a good choice, you can always find good deals on ebay.

yeah i'm starting to see wat you mean about it being cheaper to buy an assembled set of heads instead of a bare set.

i'm really torn between the Aussie heads and gt40x heads that PUNISHER RACING said in the other thread. i'm just worried that without the larger intake runner they will run out of breathe way too soon.

i've looked at the Aussie heads and the Tri-State heads, but i havent done enough research to find out if i would spending more money to make them work than i would on just buying a better set.

i also dont have anything against buying iron heads like the world product sr. i just dont know if it would be more efficient to have better flowing iron heads or lighter aluminum heads.

i'm trying to find a set of heads for not much more than 1k does anyone have a suggestion or any input on the heads that i have been looking at.