Drip-rail molding?

• Sponsors (?)

Please expalin: are you planning on sanding down the molding or the drip rail? You aren't clear on that point.

The molding is easy to remove with a bottle openner but it is easy to damage so be careful or be ready to buy new moldings.

Yeah try to be different hear and people say your dumb for doing......................

Run, I tell you, Run it will totally trash the value of your car. :rolleyes:

Anyways your want to remove it cut it off weld smooth out and fill. There might be a small seem and instead of using a lot of body filler I would weld it and then use flap disc to smooth it out concluding with minimal body filler.

FYI: The drip rail molding covers the drip rail. It is made of stainless steel and is shinny to enhance the appearance of the car. The drip rail is part of the top and has several functional purposes.

You asked how to remove the MOLDING and I explained. If there is confusion,it starts with the original question and the way it was asked. :shrug: :shrug:

SuperDave said:
FYI: The drip rail molding covers the drip rail. It is made of stainless steel and is shinny to enhance the appearance of the car. The drip rail is part of the top and has several functional purposes.

You asked how to remove the MOLDING and I explained. If there is confusion,it starts with the original question and the way it was asked. :shrug: :shrug:

Yeah, it did kinda get confusing after a he first mentioned to remove the molding that just pry's off and the actual metal part involves cutting and such.

BTW. SD- I apoligize for my reaction on the other thread, it should have never happened but it's just that I'm a little fed up that restomoders get put down for doing what they like by a lot of the purist. It gets to the point of where it feels like it's us v. them.

post them man i would love to see it.

*EDIT* sweet look man. I was thinkin bout doin that but odnt know how hard the work would be. I have never done body work so who knows. I will have to make a decision before I decide to paint it in the future.

allcarfan said:
why cant they just be cut off and ground down? What needs to be welded? ?

The roof panel and the inner door frame are two pieces. I knew of a Camaro that had the rails removed (drag car). The guy zipped one side of with a zipper wheel and the thing sprung open when he cleanned the edge up with a grinder to weld it smooth. The best process is to remove an inch or two at a time, then weld it up (what he did on the other side) or at least tack it. He had hell getting the first side back together and looking right.