Drive train ????

I have an 03 GT automatic

1-I possible need a new torq converter what should I go with? Daily drive and maybe some drag time

2-I want the option of manualy shifting my gears with a rachet shifter and driving with out having to. Any suggestions?

3-I want to do rear gears, should I do 3:73 or 4:10?

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 03 GT automatic

1-I possible need a new torq converter what should I go with? Daily drive and maybe some drag time

Very unusual part to "go". What makes you think this is bad?

2-I want the option of manualy shifting my gears with a rachet shifter and driving with out having to. Any suggestions?

I'll defer to slushbox experts on this.

3-I want to do rear gears, should I do 3:73 or 4:10?

4.10s minimum for automatic cars.

If it's a stock car, I wouldn't go much higher than 2800 or 3000 stall. If it's got a few bolt-ons that seriously affect power such as cams, I'd shoot for a 3200. If you're not 100% positive your stock converter is going bad, or the car is bone stock, don't touch it. 4.10s or higher are pretty much a must-do mod on an automatic in my opinion. I'd also HIGHLY recommend getting a transmission cooler if you get a stall. You can bump the line pressure in the transmission with a handheld programmer as well, and that make for some fun shifting.

There was a guy on here who installed a B&M ratchet shifter in his SN95, and it came out pretty sweet. I can't remember the user name for the life of me, though. All I can remember is cams, gears, and a big pony sticker on the side of a red new edge.

Very unusual part to "go". What makes you think this is bad? I get a clunk when i am going about 40-55 and let off the gas and when i put it in gear it clunks/jerks into gear. Oh, and ford said i needed one and my tranny guy who is realy good said i dont.

I'll defer to slushbox experts on this. What do you mean slushbox experts? Whats a slushbox? Sorry!!!

4.10s minimum for automatic cars.

If it's a stock car, I wouldn't go much higher than 2800 or 3000 stall. If it's got a few bolt-ons that seriously affect power such as cams, I'd shoot for a 3200. If you're not 100% positive your stock converter is going bad, or the car is bone stock, don't touch it. 4.10s or higher are pretty much a must-do mod on an automatic in my opinion. I'd also HIGHLY recommend getting a transmission cooler if you get a stall. You can bump the line pressure in the transmission with a handheld programmer as well, and that make for some fun shifting.

There was a guy on here who installed a B&M ratchet shifter in his SN95, and it came out pretty sweet. I can't remember the user name for the life of me, though. All I can remember is cams, gears, and a big pony sticker on the side of a red new edge.

Was it on this site or youtube?

I get a clunk when i am going about 40-55 and let off the gas and when i put it in gear it clunks/jerks into gear. Oh, and ford said i needed one and my tranny guy who is realy good said i dont.

I would check the driveshaft U-joints and engine and trans mounts before thinking torque converter. Symptoms of a bad converter might include a failing lock-up clutch, no engine braking or flaring when trying to accelerate.

What do you mean slushbox experts? Whats a slushbox? Sorry!!!

"Slushbox" is slang for an automatic gearbox. Because of the fluid coupling in the converter they can feel a little "slushy" when compared to the direct mechanical connection a manual gearbox and clutch gives.