Drivers door lock problem

savegoodautonfg

May 11, 2005
To lock the drivers side door i have to open the door like half way and then it will lock/unlock but when it is'nt opened far enough if won't unlock/lock. I took thewires outo f the bottom of the actuator and hooked my test light up to it and moved around the wires and the test light, light didnt go out. it stayed steady which makes me believe the wires are fine.

I have no idea. i tried a few things but didnt seem to fix it.

any ideas guys?

• Sponsors (?)

It does sound like a wiring or contact problem. Did you shoot ALL the wires or jsut the pwer wire?

Check the grounds and the parallel wire that goes between the two door locks as well.

dude.. you ever thought about selling that car?

i've never seen so many different threads by a single person with one car having as many problems as you've had, i can only guess what's going to go wrong next :(

I had an actuator do this. I had good wires and everything as well. Ended up the actuator was hanging up. Replaced it and problem solved. Although I wouldn't use stock replacments. Jricher or someone has a link to build your own. I did this same thing with some I bought from Best buy for like 2 bucks a piece (emp discount) and made a great quality set with no problems for the year I had the car.

Follow this link to fix your door lock actuator problems http://bellsouthpwp.net/l/r/lrichker/Mustang_tech/door_actuator_fix/1_of_8_door_actuator.htm

Stuck with door lock actuators that don't work and don't want to pay the $50+ for a new one? Tried the junkyard ones and found that they last six months and freeze up?

A new actuator for less than $5. Fix one side for $18, do both sides for only $25. I don't sell parts, I don’t make any money off of the upgrade, I just tell you how to do it cheaply and easily.

Here’s a picture of the new actuator installed:

actuator_install_in_door.jpg