Driver's Seat Removal Problem

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
So...the motor on my power drivers seat broke and my seat no longer goes up/down/forward/back. Luckily it's in the position I want it for driving, unfortunately I can't remove it now, to my knowledge.

Anybody know if there is any way to remove the seat that doesn't involve destroying the seat? I can remove both the front bolts but cannot get to the rears...

EDIT: I speeeeel well obviously :rolleyes: If a mod wants they can correct my bad grammar in the title.

• Sponsors (?)

I had exactly the same problem with my 94. It turns out that the motors were fine, but when the ignition switch gets old, power no longer goes to that motor. I removed the switch from the front of the seat, and ran a hot wire directly from the positive battery terminal to the black and white hot wire that runs into that switch.

You can do that temporarily to move the seat back and forth to get access to the bolts that hold that guy in.

What I eventually did was wire this in permanently, by running a wire from one of the unused leads in the fusebox, into the back of that switch.... Yeah, I did have a flash of safety-mindedness and installed an inline fuse so the thing would not burn up....

What you will find is that in addition to the seat being dead, the same circuit also runs the lighter/12v plug-in in the ashtray so if that thing is dead, chances are the seat will also be dead.

I had the exact same problem. Use a 15 mm box wrench with the built in ratchet and a flexible head and slide it under the trck to get to the rear bolts. I removed the whole "boat anchor" power seat track assembly and installed the manual seat tracks from a 93 GT. Works great and no more hassles with the finicky power seat.