drivers side power to manual seat track swap

rockin_rick

Oct 9, 2003
1.) I'm looking to swap out my 1/2 working power track for a manual track. Are the pass side and drivers side tracks identical? Looking at both of mine (drivers power, pass manual) out of the car, the mounting holes for the pass manual track are sorta offset side-to-side about 1/2" compared to the track-to-seat bolts. That is, if they wern't offset, the seat would be 1/2" closer to the door.

Looking at the drivers power track, they don't look offset at all. So, if the pass side and drivers side tracks are the same, that would move my seat about 1/2" towards the door from where it is now. I know that the pass track will work on the drivers side and people do it, but is there actually a drivers side specific assy. that places the seat in a different position (side-to-side)?

2.) How high does the seat sit with the manual track vs. the power track in all the way down position? Does the power track allow the seat to sit lower?

Rick

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think the passenger side and the drivers side are perfectly matched.

Just go to the wreckers and get a driver's side manual seat track from any 79 or newer mustang. I got one from an 86 LX and it fit perfectly on my 95 GT. It also only cost me a grand total of $5.

As far as height goes, I think it's about the same as if the power seat was in the lowest position, which is still fairly high.

Cheers