Driveshaft Rubbing Against Chassis?

Steven Pech

Dec 28, 2015
so i bought my gt lowered already, and noticed that the exhaust scrapes on every bump i hit out here, ESPECIALLY speed bumps no matter the angle i take it... then i noticed my driveshaft had grooves on it. it appeared to be rubbing against the chassis. im not sure why else it would have groves. it cleared the exhaust just fine. So im thinking if i raise the rear the shaft may stop rubbing. im on the fence between coil overs and stock springs with 1 cut spring??? suggestions guys?
anybody ever have this issue before? thanks fellas

• Sponsors (?)

Before anything, get under the car and see what the driveshaft is rubbing on. You may find a fix without a suspension change. I had a lowered 02 vert and it drug on everything here. I decided not to lower my daily this time around. You also need to figure out how the car is lowered now. If you use stock springs and cut them, it gives a harsh ride. Is the exhaust stock....maybe it hangs lower than it should. Once you sort out the true problem area, you can do a proper fix.

Currently the car is sitting on some eibach lowering springs, she's slammed lol the exhaust is aftermarket. I put an x pipe with super 10s and some shortys.
But yea I'll get under the car n do a more thorough investigation.