Driving with 4.10's....

sixstringthing

Aug 11, 2003
Im going to get 4.10s on a daily driven 5spd and have two questions:

1. With the stock gears I've been told it's really bad for the clutch to start in second gear..... is this also true with 4.10's or can I start in second all I want?

2. I know it's going to rev way faster so is it ok to skip gears?

• Sponsors (?)

sixstringthing said:
Im going to get 4.10s on a daily driven 5spd and have two questions:

1. With the stock gears I've been told it's really bad for the clutch to start in second gear.....
:bs:

is this also true with 4.10's or can I start in second all I want?
No, Yes you can.

2. I know it's going to rev way faster so is it ok to skip gears?
Yes

fr96ss said:
why would you want 4.10s on a daily driver? because the bozos on this web site said so. 3.55 or 3.73 done! :rolleyes: :( :( :( :( :flag:
Don't knock it till you've tried it. I have them on my daily driver and love 'em. Although my big floppy shoes find it hard to hit the gas and my big red nose bounces off the steering wheel when I get on it.

I would never put 4.10'S on a daily driver. Dont listen how people will tell that your gas milage is not much worse. You will have your foot in the pedal more. I get like 12.9 MPG but it's all city driving and I get on it damn near every time I get in the car. If you want to mod out the car get a daily beater for $1500 and drive it in the winter.

jrc_03_gt said:
I would never put 4.10'S on a daily driver. Dont listen how people will tell that your gas milage is not much worse. You will have your foot in the pedal more. I get like 12.9 MPG but it's all city driving and I get on it damn near every time I get in the car. If you want to mod out the car get a daily beater for $1500 and drive it in the winter.

I have 4.10's in my daily driver and my mileage stayed right at 20-22 mpg. So, I am for them.

I have never had stock gears, my car came with 3.55s and i was getting about 180 miles to the tank. I was thanking god if i actually hit 200 miles on the tank.

I swaped for 4.10s and i consistantly get 240-300 miles to the tank. This is city and highway driving. This last tank i have driven only going to and from work though baltimore city and got 240 miles on the tank.

but its your car, get what you want.

-Mike

jrc_03_gt said:

I too have 4.10s. As long as you don't drive the @#$% (out of your car you can easily get 200-300 miles I mean redline everytime) . As the above have also stated, it will wake up your car and you will not have the issues that you posted. Get 4.10s

Its all a matter of opinion. WHats can you do. Depends on what you are looking for. Personaly i think 3:73 are good. I drove a friends with 4:10s and i thought they were too much but , thats just for my driving style.