Drone Help - Need Exhaust Combo That's Quiet In-car

rittenrotton

Jul 9, 2016
Hey all,
I have a 1970 mustang with a ford racing 306 and I originally had the pypes exhaust kit from Mustangs Unlimited (http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...ccode=MUEMVWEB) but switched the muffler to the Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers hoping I would reduce the drone I was getting from the pypes muffler. Long story short, its still there and the drone is deafening. Ive read quite a few suggestions but not sure what to do. I called Summit Racing but they had no clue how to help me and neither did Dynomax Customer Support. I really want to get rid of the drone..what should I do? Would a resonator help (Summit told me it wouldn't)? or should I go to a muffler shop and have them install a dead pipe (dead end piece of pipe onto each tailpipe somewhere)?

Any help, would be appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

You usually get drone from a chambered exhaust system. I find it hard to believe that the knuckle draggers you spoke to from the exhaust companies, had nothing at all in the way of advice.

The simple solution is to ditch the chambered mufflers.

The not so simple solution is to lengthen or shorten the exhaust to change or eliminate the drone. This is where your dead-end pipes can come into play.

I'm going to change alter your title a bit so that folks have an idea of what this thread is about and maybe stop in with some exhaust preferences.

@horse sence