Drone is killing me.. Any suggestions??

88GTStreetRod

Jan 5, 2004
USA
I have Spintech pro street dumps on the car. I love the sound, but the drone is out of control, probably the same or worse then flowmaster. I had a set of the Spintech side exits on the car, they sounded great with less drone, but I damage the mufflers. I am looking for some thing that is loud and sounds great, but with little or no drone. My buddy just installed a set of SLP's on his car, they sound great with no drone, but his car is stock. Not sure what my car would sound like with them?? I have a 331with heads cam, intake, etc...

Any suggestions, sound clips, feedback? on drone free mufflers??

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, i had dumps, then i got a cobra bumper and put on tailpipes and it was alot better..

the dumps vibrate off the ground underneath the car and send it up to you and it makes driving annoying =\

What angle are the dumps? Are they pointed straight down towards the ground? You could angle them out more at a 45* angle, that might help.

But as stated earlier, tail pipes will also help.

I have Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers with a 45* angle dump, they don't drone at all while driving. There is resonation (not even sure if that's a word) at idle stopped....but it's not that bad.

Put tails back on.

I love drone, i routinely drive at 2000RPM just to hear it :)

I actually like the drone when just driving close to home, but we took the car on a hour trip this weekend on the highway and I felt like I had my head in water for an hour. It just beat us to death. I have a two year old and would like to get him in the car more often for the longer trips. I think the drone will drive him nuts. I will most liley just add the tails, but wanted to see if anyone was running something different.

Thanks for the feedback!

Buy a civic..

Good idea. :lol:

You shouldn't hear any drone with one of these baby's on a civic

folgers.jpg

I actually like the drone when just driving close to home, but we took the car on a hour trip this weekend on the highway and I felt like I had my head in water for an hour. It just beat us to death. I have a two year old and would like to get him in the car more often for the longer trips. I think the drone will drive him nuts. I will most liley just add the tails, but wanted to see if anyone was running something different.

Thanks for the feedback!

tails and cutouts :shrug: