Drove a 03

Oh and E.T. doesn't mean you have the faster car. I look at mph (shows potential).

I disagree. I think that mph shows only the potential for how quick your car can accelerate, obviously, the actual time measurement is the correct index of how quick it it.

MPH shows how quick it can be, if that power can be transferred to the ground.

For example, I've beat numerous cars with higher MPH than me at the track. I consider my car quicker because my car travelled from point A (the starting line) to point B (the traps) more quickly than the car opposing me, regardless of it's MPH.

• Sponsors (?)

Swarzkopf said:
I disagree. I think that mph shows only the potential for how quick your car can accelerate, obviously, the actual time measurement is the correct index of how quick it it.

The time measurement as you put it is based on the acceleration from point A to point B. You can setup a car with slicks/steep gears/suspension/stripped and get some nice E.T.'s but if you look at the mph the Nissan Maxima it races traps higher and is actually faster which anywhere from 20+mph (for example) the car would be faster. It just loses off the line just enough to make the "modded" car beat it in E.T.

Swarzkopf said:
MPH shows how quick it can be, if that power can be transferred to the ground.

Alright, so let's take a h/c/i 5.0L that traps 108mph and a zo6 that traps 117mph. The 5.0L runs 12.4 and the zo6 runs 12.5. Which one is faster :shrug: As you can see the nearly 10mph higher trap is considerably quicker. Just because it has a more "side to side" bias suspension setup compared to the 5.0L means the 5.0L is faster???? :shrug: Come on... :nice: Zo6 hands down. :hail2:

Swarzkopf said:
For example, I've beat numerous cars with higher MPH than me at the track. I consider my car quicker because my car travelled from point A (the starting line) to point B (the traps) more quickly than the car opposing me, regardless of it's MPH.

Well I would hope so...(I have did the same)...but they were coming up on you :nice: If that is the way you want to think but if you take a "street start" the higher trapping mph car will win :spot:

Just think about it...

Edit: Oh and about the 4.6L not having torque that is a myth. The harder pull in the higher rpms compared to the 5.0L gives the sensation that the torque downlow is not there like the 5.0L. The 4.6L has a nice flat torque curve and makes the same peak torque at only 100rpm more. That literally takes .1 or less of a second to reach that extra 100rpm. Yeah I would hope that noone can actually notice that difference. Talk about sensitive. A sn95 5.0L vs. a sn95 4.6L is a drivers race. A 98 Gt with 3:27 gears will have a slight advantage over them.

99+ is no contest for a stock 5.0L. 05, well let's not even talk about them. Trapping nearly 10mph faster than some.

5spd GT said:
Edit: Oh and about the 4.6L not having torque that is a myth. The harder pull in the higher rpms compared to the 5.0L gives the sensation that the torque downlow is not there like the 5.0L. The 4.6L has a nice flat torque curve and makes the same peak torque at only 100rpm more. That literally takes .1 or less of a second to reach that extra 100rpm. Yeah I would hope that noone can actually notice that difference. Talk about sensitive. A sn95 5.0L vs. a sn95 4.6L is a drivers race. A 98 Gt with 3:27 gears will have a slight advantage over them.

99+ is no contest for a stock 5.0L. 05, well let's not even talk about them. Trapping nearly 10mph faster than some.

That's what I thought. I raced with an sn95 4.6 with all the bolt-ons when my car was stock with just bolt-ons and it was a very close race.

one thing i noticed is that my friends 01 gt (t-45) is wayyy more responsive and faster than my friends 02 (tr-3550 or something like that) the tranny's in those things feel so much different in 1'st and 2'nd gear. the 01 pulls quite a bit harder than the 02. those things are so much fun and make me want a 01-up gt really bad...or just a manual transsmission