Drove an 03 mach 1

mystang94gt

Jun 14, 2004
Bay Area, CA
Damn those cars are sick!! My brother picked one up saturday and I had to drive it home. Boy oh boy is that thing bad. Anyone else drove one? I was really impressed with the low end grunt and the thing absolutley screams at the top of the tach. 6800rpm redline and it pulls ALL the way up. My car is slow so it felt like a rocket to me. The seats are so nice and overall it is very good condition. Ok no real point to the thread just thought I'd share. :rolleyes:

Comments, questions...... :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

LOL I told him the EXACT same thing!!! The way that thing pulls up top it would be a monster with those gears. But he has a 100,000 mile warranty and its his DD so I dont think he's going to. Already got a 94 lightning with 4.10's that gets like 8 mpg. This is his commuter.

Rode in my best friends 03 Mach 1 Last night to go eat. It has the SLP Loudmouth cat-back and the rest of the exhaust is stock that car sounds beastly. Its truely a muscle car just thought I'd share as well.

After I grenade my 302, I was looking into a 4V 4.6 swap.

Few people know what they are doing when working on them - lots of horsepower can be made with those if they are in the hands of the right person. :)

Joe

Joes95GT said:
After I grenade my 302, I was looking into a 4V 4.6 swap.

Few people know what they are doing when working on them - lots of horsepower can be made with those if they are in the hands of the right person. :)

Joe

I got rid of my 96 and came back to the 302 base. Your right about the mechanics of them an H/C'S/I on a mod is just insane but i'm not an ASE certified Ford tech either.

Rootus said:
Sell it. The real question is whether to sell as-is, or de-mod first. De-modding would get me more money, but it's a lot more work :).

Dave
Stop being so damn lazy! :D

Actually when and if you go to unscrew everything, you'll start feeling really good about your mechanical skills.....until you pull the valve cover off the Cobra. :)

Joe

CManT1914 said:
Yea the Mach trannies (3650? i dunno) have a .62 5th gear ratio. It really helps out my buddy who has 4.30's in his,

thanks you.... the 03 GTs have it too.

very close to the .60 of the ford t56

it makes 4.30s easily streetable on teh highway and waaaay more fun in town. :nice:

if you ever look at the bizzare powerband of the 4.6 they need at least 4.30s and your average power during the run is INSANE the car just climb sup there and has poor area until it gets a ways past 4grand it it just flattens out and makes some greta power for the cubes. If you have cams this is even more benificial.

look at BOB coby's car and some of the other 4valves running 114-117 on MOTOR on drag radials!!

4.30s and tire will put a mach in the mid 12s until you snap a weak stock axle and run no where :banana: