Drove an 03 mach 1

• Sponsors (?)

yellow1995Cobra said:
Wait till u take a slightly modded cobra for a whip :D

I like the machs alot, and you can get them new fairly cheap around here, 21-22k out the door it seems, which isnt to bad.

Theres a azure blue mach 1 at my track who is in the 11's, i raced him once, he went 11.7. Not to sure on the MPH, it was fairly low, 112 range maybe. His mach is just bolt ons, but EVERYTHING tubular, no seats, bogarts, so its very very light. But man that thing launchs hard!

Yeah a cobra was definitley is first choice but around here we coudlnt find one for under 28k where he picked up his Mach for 22k. Right now were pretty much just hoping for high 12's on the motor with just D/R's, catback, pullies and a K&N. Our local track is pretty fast so we're thinking it should be no sweat. (especially if I'm driving :rlaugh: ) I dont think he will be touching the gears anytime soon just because he did get the 100,00 mile warranty and he's got other vehicles that are a little more extreme. Glad to see this thread took off!! :nice:

95snoozer said:
wow i didnt realize i was talking to someone with a sandy vagina.

you really thing that makes a difference
:rlaugh:

I would like to butt in.....

On the internet jokes during an argument never go over the way they are intended. Especially ones like this. It reminds me of the stupid political thread, something that isn't needed. :nonono:

This is a personal opinion. People drive differently and race differently. Plus not all cars are the same or perform the same and neither do drivers. You say he's obsured to argue about 120rpms, but what are you doing.... arguing about 120rpms as well. :rolleyes: You really should look at things from BOTH points of view and keep the insults, joking or not, out of it. :flag: Just my random mumblings.

gcomfx.com said:
You really should look at things from BOTH points of view

"Exactly"...

Oh and just so you know there is more than 120rpm real world difference between 373's and 410's...and yes longterm it makes a difference...plus technically you usually shift more (around town driving) with a steeper gear so "technically" the clutch/trans become more worn over time to...

The problem with some of your posts snoozer is that you never really can give a good reason for what you "suggest"...kind of like your traction vs. power post... :rlaugh:

5spd GT said:
Oh and just so you know there is more than 120rpm real world difference between 373's and 410's...and yes longterm it makes a difference...plus technically you usually shift more (around town driving) with a steeper gear so "technically" the clutch/trans become more worn over time to...
Bah. I'm with Joe, 4.88's all the way :nice:.

Rootus said:
obsured?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'm guessing you meant absurd. Sometimes I see things on the forums that just crack me up. Don't take it personally, I'm not taunting you [much]. :jester:

Dave

:lol: Glad I could crack you up. Humor is really the best medicine.

So I'll try to explain in a humorous way.

It was, uh.... Random Mumblings...... yeah that's it... random mumblings. I spelled it how I would mumble it. :rlaugh: Hell I don't know.... guess I'm just dumb. :D But you get my point and communication was made right? :nice:

5spd GT said:
"Exactly"...

The problem with some of your posts snoozer is that you never really can give a good reason for what you "suggest"...kind of like your traction vs. power post... :rlaugh:

ok, lets try this one more time.....since i have already explained this but you DID fail to comprehend it.

the final drive ratio between the t5 and the 03+ 3650 is different, the 03+ trannies have a .62 5th gear. I was not comparing 3.73s to 4.10s ever.

I said at 70 on my tires:
T5 with 3.73 - 2320 rpm

3650 with 4.30 - 3440 rpm (a t5 with 3.90s is 2430)

t5 with 4.10s is 2550

the point is that a 4.30 in a mach on the highway is barely different from your choice of the mild 3.73s in your rear.

your right, i dont give a good reason, go back and read my ****ing posts. You stay in a high average power the powerband needs at least these gears, experienced racers show what they can do, hell normal people who have balls show what they can do. even that girl from here has bigger metephorical balls than you do.

your argument is that they are too much and not streetable, well i showed thats not true because you assumed incorrectly about the final drive and you obviously dont understand anything about tractive effort and how a steeper gear allows you to stay out of the throttle moving around town. Depending on your driving style you can increase your gasmileage in stop and go traffic. Also with this final gear ratio your highway gas milage is not going to be poor at all. my close friiend could get over 300 a tank and did this several times. his speedo was correct as he was using speedcal.
oh an about your traction comments, i informed my friends with stock new GTs and 03 cobras of your comments and they laughed in my face and thought it was a joke. I see no reason to prove anything to you because you are so close minded you never seem to read anything completely and respond with whatever ignorance you posessed when you came into the thread. You refuse to learn anything new and you wont think outside the box.

I wouldn't say that the steeper gears are harder on the clutch either. Shifting normally doesn't wear the clutch nearly as much as taking off from a stop. With a 3.73 gear, you will have to burn the clutch up (ride it out) a bit longer than with a 4.30, therefore the clutch life is probably prolonged.

Also, you could be right about there being more than a 120 RPM difference between the two sets of gears, however, it's not much more or much less than a 120 RPM. It's mathematics and nothing else.

Joe

95snoozer said:
ok, lets try this one more time.....since i have already explained this but you DID fail to comprehend it.

the final drive ratio between the t5 and the 03+ 3650 is different, the 03+ trannies have a .62 5th gear. I was not comparing 3.73s to 4.10s ever.

I said at 70 on my tires:
T5 with 3.73 - 2320 rpm

3650 with 4.30 - 3440 rpm (a t5 with 3.90s is 2430)

t5 with 4.10s is 2550

the point is that a 4.30 in a mach on the highway is barely different from your choice of the mild 3.73s in your rear.

your right, i dont give a good reason, go back and read my ****ing posts. You stay in a high average power the powerband needs at least these gears, experienced racers show what they can do, hell normal people who have balls show what they can do. even that girl from here has bigger metephorical balls than you do.

your argument is that they are too much and not streetable, well i showed thats not true because you assumed incorrectly about the final drive and you obviously dont understand anything about tractive effort and how a steeper gear allows you to stay out of the throttle moving around town. Depending on your driving style you can increase your gasmileage in stop and go traffic. Also with this final gear ratio your highway gas milage is not going to be poor at all. my close friiend could get over 300 a tank and did this several times. his speedo was correct as he was using speedcal.
oh an about your traction comments, i informed my friends with stock new GTs and 03 cobras of your comments and they laughed in my face and thought it was a joke. I see no reason to prove anything to you because you are so close minded you never seem to read anything completely and respond with whatever ignorance you posessed when you came into the thread. You refuse to learn anything new and you wont think outside the box.

Snoozer...your not getting flustered are you?

Anyways...you never compared 373's and 410's? Then why did you put this, "4.10s on my tires is 2550 rpm...3.73s in our car is 2320" :shrug:

I don't care if the "gear ratio" between 430's and 373's is "barely different"...that wasn't the point...the point was you get greater engine wear and worse gas mileage...and possible other problems when traction is involved with a steeper gear...

Experienced Racers huh?...I think its funny you can't back up what you say...is that your way of saying I'm not an "experienced racer"? So if a "girl" wants a steeper gear more power to her...I guess I'm not a man then since I want my car to last a bit longer :rolleyes:

Where did I assume the final drive ratio was the same? I was responding to the above quote of you about the 373's and 410's...so I guess I'm not the one assuming...

A steeper gear doesn't allow you stay out of the throttle around town...you ever heard of a term called engine braking?

How about you show your "friends" the thread...what do you think there going to disagree with you "face to face"...when it is much easier to laugh at someone they don't know...go ahead show them the thread...matter of fact I'll post it up afterwhile...if you don't do it...it appeared you weren't thinking out of the box because you weren't thinking of other variables...(pavement/age/suspension/tires...etc)...just because you have 400hp doesn't mean you have traction problems automatically...maybe you aught to think outside the box? :shrug:

With these post going back and forth...I'm the only one that is refusing to learn anything new :rolleyes:

And when someone has 410's-430's...how short is 1st gear? Again more shifting and most people with those gear ratios that I have seen in 5.0 Tech will use 2nd gear to take off (on the street/not the strip) in because it is much more convenient...

I would tell you again to think outside the box but it appears your box is full...

My Regards

Joes95GT said:
I wouldn't say that the steeper gears are harder on the clutch either. Shifting normally doesn't wear the clutch nearly as much as taking off from a stop. With a 3.73 gear, you will have to burn the clutch up (ride it out) a bit longer than with a 4.30, therefore the clutch life is probably prolonged.

Also, you could be right about there being more than a 120 RPM difference between the two sets of gears, however, it's not much more or much less than a 120 RPM. It's mathematics and nothing else.

Joe

With my 373's I can just let out on the clutch and the car will go...no gas at all...on a hill is a different story...

Yeah those calculators aren't the most accurate...because just like traction vs. power...there is other variables like tire size/rpm guage corrections/transmissions that affect the "final" rpm at 70mph or whatever...

I know I would see a gain with 410's at the track to keep me in the powerband...but I drive the car everyday and I love the 373's...

Referring to snoozer: I never comment on something I don't have a clue about without a disclaimer...and if you notice I have no disclaimers...

oh my god

you still arent listening

there is a BIG difference between 3.73s and 4.30s

BUT THE 3650 5TH GEAR MAKES THEM STREETABLE in the 03+ stangs

that is alll this thread is about and our original posts, you still arent getting that.

you said 4.30s are too much and for gas mileage the 4.10 cruising speed is to show that they are actually MORE mild in a MACH 1 than in a 5.0 with 4.10 gears on the highway.....

so go, go on and tell everyone who is faster than you that their 4.10s are too much, go tell killercanary that his gear is too steep

give me a break man, not only are you not comprehending now but you are mis quoting me because you STILL fail to comprehend the simplest post.

no body else was confused back on page 1, except for you.

i used NO INTERNET CALCULATORS and i said ON MY TIRES i run a 245/50/16 inch nitto drag radial (25.67"). i also run a 275/50/15 which is slightly taller at 25.75 inches and has a slightly lower cruising rpm.

I swear you are more dense than a slab of marble :( And you will always be correct :rolleyes:

some of your comments i refuse to respond to becaus ethey are so ****ing stupid... your comments on gas milage and wear are bull

do you even realize that i havent attacked your gear selection in your stang? Of course not because you suffer from selective reading. I, myself have 3.73s!!! and i drive my car alot more than you. I need the 3.73s for the ability to rap out 4th past 120 though before i hit the dog 5th which i do not race in. Take a look at the thread title again. we are talking about guess what......A MACH 1, and you dont know what you are talking about at all go tell the trophy stock guys, dark pony, tmc, bob cosby, rick anderson etc etc their gears are too much :rolleyes:

another thread he claimed that a new gt 99+ and an 03 cobra will not spin the tires in 1st on the street

I laughed, then argued just a bit, then laughed again. when i realized it was worthless i just didnt argue an more, and he took that as me not being able to "prove" my point. I just felt it was a worthless argument because he was so convinced he was correct and i dont feel it my place in life to teach this guy everything.