Drove an Evo-8, now my car is slow...

I still have the coupler and the play is nearly gone. I haven't really noticed any real noise increase, but then again with LT's and an S-trim....what is noise! Install isn't too hard, the MM site has the directions. It was a great upgrade and something I did when the tubular a-arms were put on....haven't looked back since.

• Sponsors (?)

wow, i test drove a Evo RS and wasnt impressed at all. Sure, it felt awesome in the turns, but coming out of the turn i was yawning, and this was before i ever set foot in a cobra. AWD is nice but its nothing new to me being in the dsm world for years, the only appeal a Evo has over a DSM is it has a warranty.

Now you really want to be impressed, go drive a 03/04 cobra, youll laugh at the evo.

Drove an Evo-8 this weekend and honestly, I almost **** myself with the power this thing put down.

AWD ftmfw man.
This thing gripped corners like no tomorrow.
When the turbo kicked in I had to hold on for my life.
The Recaro's hugged me. I never moved an inch even taking circles @ 40.
The gear box felt so smooth.
The interior was quiet, no creaks, no cheap plastic.
I had CONFIDENCE in the steering wheel. When I turned the wheel a tad, the car MOVED. Not like all the free play we have in our cars.

I got back in my stang and was sad. :( Our cars are only good in going really fast in a straight line.

From a stand still I can see how the EVO would feel quicker, but give your Stang some traction and your Stang should feel quicker.

Before the turbo kicked in, slowwww

Nothing bad to say about their awesome seats :nice:

No cheap plastic in their interior? :rlaugh:

They use a quick ratio steering box IIRC.

Evo's are nice but i wouldn't want to own one. We used to beat on them when it was slow...we would race the SRT4 and EVO's...sales people got to have some perks:)
I wouldn't mind an STI as a Daily Driver though.

Shall we meet halfway, perhaps eastern ohio? I already have a SRT-4 driver who has challenged me to a race this summer, what's one more? :shrug:

Locate a track, name a date, and I will meet you there for a race...