Mach 1 drove the new goat today

blazinsteed

Dec 27, 2002
florida
Boy am I glad I bought the mach. interior was beautiful and it handled ok but boy does it have a lot of body roll. It wasn't nimble even with the Irs and the steering was sluggish. And as for power with 127 miles on it, it felt like a dog off the line. Only thing i didn't like about the interior was the door handles but our seats are more supportive hands down.

• Sponsors (?)

I saw one this weekend. The guy that was driving it looked like a ball bag that used to get beat up all the time in school. The chick in his car looked at mine and pointed then he looked and rolled his eyes. I was getting out of the car to go into a store with the G/F so I didn't chase him down. Talk about being pi**ed off the rest of the day!!!

They advertised on the radio that the GTO is on a lot here. I was going to go check one out this weekend just to know a little more about the competition.

Personally, I think GM really screwed this one up. They cannot just drop a Vette motor in a sedan and call it a hotrod :notnice: Although this worked in the '60's with some cars, it has to look Bad as well (03-04Mach1 for starters). :owned:

I saw it at the Auto Show in Motion also. Didn't care to drive it at all. The line was real long to drive it, but most people I saw didn't have much positive stuff to say about the test drive. I couldn't believe how fugly it looked in person and up close.

The exhaust note is almost interesting, but the looks are absolutely a deal breaker with me. I couldn't help but notice how "off" the designs were for most of the new Cheverolet sedans. Of the cars I drove, all had pretty bad fit/finish inside.