Drove up on a wrecked mustang last night...disturbing...:(

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
I was heading back from work last night and was flagged down by a man in a flashlight running up to my car. I pulled to a stop and asked him "can I help you?"

He was a little panicky and said that a car was in the ditch so I pulled over and turned on the flashers. I just thought someone had been messing around and backed their car in a ditch and flipped it. Well I get out and here a man yelling and get over the culvert and a hispanic man was sitting outside of the car in the water filled ditch. It was a 99-00 Mustang on it's hood and upon closer inspection there were 3 other people in the car, dead. They apparantly were knocked out and drowned and the guy was frantic and crying. He was the passenger.

I flagged down a car and me and a woman helped the man out of the ditch. I can't imagine what the guy was going through...:( The surviving young man was 20 and the friends were 18,19, & 20. They were his friends. I smelled some beer on the surviving young man so I imagine they had been drinking and lost control and flipped the car over into a water filled ditch where 3 of them drowned.

It was a bit disturbing, don't drink and drive!

• Sponsors (?)

I think everyone is assuming too much, perhaps the driver was a DD. A few years ago not to far out of my hometown, a designated driver, who went to go pick up his drunk friends, was killed by another drunk driver. So who knows maybe the driver wasn't drunk and was doing a good deed.

Oh well, they got what they had coming. As long as they didn't hit anyone else it's just more douchebag drunk drivers off the road. Hopefully it'll save a more valuable life. Was it a gt or 6 cyl is the important question.

I felt really bad for the guy. The driver may have been sober, I was just making an assumption because I did smell beer...

The other two passengers (besides the survivor and driver) may have been very innocent.

The survivor was tore up, it was his best friends and he didn't know what to do and how to tell his parents and his friend's parents.

I just layed around until the authority's showed up and I let them do there thing...

Be careful out there!

thats crazy man. i had a weird experience last year(i think). was driving home from a local restaurant on Highway 41 (4 lanes wide, speed limit ranges between 45-55MPH). anyhow im in the right lane about 2-3 cars back from a small pick up in the left lane. im just cruising along and all of the sudden i see something run across the road in front of the truck in front of me(from my right to left). at about the same time the truck slams on his brakes and then i see this body get turned a flip and land in the left hand turn lane. so i pulled over, made my way across the highway dodging traffic, and called 911. the guy was fugged up and covered with blood, but was somewhat conscious and could respond to me asking him questions. smelled a little of alcohol too. i stayed and filled out reports etc and finally made it home in like another hour.

another quick story that happend the other night. i was outside smoking a cig before bed about 2 weeks back at about 130am. i started to hear a bunch of police cars coming closer and closer. then i see this bike fly by at about 90MPH(in a 30 zone) with about 5 police cars in chase; since i live in the front of the neighborhood i can see the main road where the light is at where they went by. the next day i talked to some cop buddies of mine and they said he got on the highway, then got off a couple exits down, drove a mile or two, then wrecked out. come to find out, he was DUI.

enough writing, the end, sorry i wasted 2 minutes of your life.