Dry Nitrous?

Yeah so I have a chance to get a dry nitrous kit (Sneaky Pete 35sht) for 100 bucks. My question is, 1. Is it worth the money?, and 2. Will it be hard on the engine as I've heard that dry nitrous is horrible on your motor?

Any help is GOOD!! Thanks, Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Will it be hard on the engine as I've heard that dry nitrous is horrible on your motor?

No offense, but I think you are either ignorant or misinformed in regards to this topic. Try a search.

The 35 shot will make you go faster, but you won't feel it like you would a typical sized shot. Still, 100 bucks is cheap.

If you can get the 75 shot at a reasonable price, go for it. What brand kit is this we are talking about?

Swarzkopf said:
No offense, but I think you are either ignorant or misinformed in regards to this topic. Try a search.

The 35 shot will make you go faster, but you won't feel it like you would a typical sized shot. Still, 100 bucks is cheap.

If you can get the 75 shot at a reasonable price, go for it. What brand kit is this we are talking about?

Ignorant? You can ask anybody and they will say that Dry Nitrous is bad for your motor. I dont appreciate that comment. Maybe you were the misinformed one. YOU TRY A SEARCH

The kit is:
http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=05115NOS

95StallionGT said:
Ignorant? You can ask anybody and they will say that Dry Nitrous is bad for your motor. I dont appreciate that comment. Maybe you were the misinformed one. YOU TRY A SEARCH

The kit is:
http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=05115NOS

Whoa whoa whoa man. Jeez what is goin on lately? Acting like this you are not asking for any responses.

Now i will ask you this. What is Nitrous? Its my knowledge that its nothing but a bunch of oxygen molecules. So let me ask you this, whats a supercharger? What is a turbo charger? What is a WET nitrous Kit? They ALL do the same thing in different ways. They all stuff more oxygen into the combustion chamber.

Now, back to your statement. Dry nitrous was probably said to be "bad" because if you dont install it right or tune for it right, there is no back up fuel being added like there is for wet nitrous. And since you know so much, yet are asking for advice, how about you do a poll and ask how many guys run dry nitrous kits. There are quite a few from what i remember in this section, let alone this whole site. So if its so bad, then why do so many people run them?

With that being said, ANY power adder is BAD for the engine if it is not used properly. If you use something like it was meant to be used...you will be fine. If you get stupid with it then thats when things start going BBOOOOOMMMM :owned:

So settle down there and think twice about what you are asking. When asking about buying mods, you are expected to know about them and how they work. Some guys may take a little shot at you but dont take it to the heart. We are all here to help. Besides...its only the internet. :p

Yeah, Totally sorry, I just took the "ignorant" comment a little harder than I should have. Sorry im just a little frustrated right now because my tranny blows!! :mad: Yeah I appreciate the help from everyone. :nice:

Well looks like im going with the 75sht kit.

Thanks Again, Ryan

95StallionGT said:
Yeah, Totally sorry, I just took the "ignorant" comment a little harder than I should have. Sorry im just a little frustrated right now because my tranny blows!! :mad: Yeah I appreciate the help from everyone. :nice:

Well looks like im going with the 75sht kit.

Thanks Again, Ryan

Its all good bro, sometimes some of the guys jokes catch ya at the wrong time. :cheers:

Ignorant means "lacking knowledge", which you are.

Perhaps you should try asking some who has been running a dry nitrous kit succesfully for an entire season (like myself), and not "anybody".

Later.