DSS Bullet vs the Pro Bullet...Is is worth the extra $$$ for a street motor?

Highbredcloud

Mar 4, 2003
Palos Hills, IL
Hey guys,

For those of you who are running a DSS Bullet of the Pro-Bullet...According to DSS the orginal Bullet can handle 600 HP with N20 or Boost, however, DSS recommends not going past 350 HP. The Bullet is capable of low 12's at 3200# race wieght...NOW the Pro-Bullet is about $400.00 more and has the same stuff inside but cand handle more HP and can run mid 10's at 3200# race weight...Is DSS really under-rating the blocks? I don't really see a huge difference between the Bullet the the Pro-Bullet but I would like to know if the Bullet can take more than 350 HP without a problem. I plan on using using that block on the combo in the sig which is just over 350 flywheel HP and switch my current block to my daily driver since it has less miles, however, I'd like a block that has a little more room to grow. Anyone familiar with either of those two blocks that can help? :shrug:

-Greg

• Sponsors (?)

the pro has forged I beam rods and a block girdle and pro lite pistons, I would go with the pro, it wasn't much more, but don't forget if you go stroker you have to get a new balncer and flywheel, balanced @ 28 oz.. more money... I called to order my $2500 block and left with a $4100.00 bill to my card,, ouch, but it's all for the cause.......LOL
What size are you looking at??? The 306 is balanced to 50 oz so you can reuse your bal and flyw.....