dtc 332 egr valve

svtdrop

Mar 25, 2008
san francisco, CA
i just bought a 94 gt and it has a check engine light. i pulled the code and it is 332. EGR valve insufficient flow detected. so i went ahead and replaced the egr valve and solenoid, cleared the code and then test drove, check engine light came right back on with same code. If any one can help me i would appreciate it..

so far i have replaced egr valve and solenoid.
i applied vacumm to the egr valve while at idle and car started to surge but didnt turn off.
i repalced pcv valve and looked for any disconnected or broken vacuum lines and didn't find any:shrug: :shrug:
:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

You're on the right track. Be sure the EGR position sensor is connected (electrically). Check the KOEO baseline. It should be under 0.50 volts.

Really check over that vac line to the EGR valve. I disconnect both ends of it, plug one end and pull a vac (with a Miti Vac) on the other end. That line has to hold vacuum. And it's known for breaking, esp at the EGR valve itself and behind the alternator.

Be sure there is constant manifold vac to the solenoid's inlet.

Be sure the EGR and FPR vac lines are not crossed.

To check the wiring to the EGR solenoid, put a test light across the electrical connector and run codes. The EEC will ground the solenoid for a second to test it. Your test light will illuminate.

Because your car didnt try to stall, that can suggest that the EGR passages are coked up. Generally this occurs inside the EGR valve itself however, and your EGR valve is new.

That's what comes to mind right now.
Good luck.