dual quad manifold

iowabowhunter

Mar 24, 2004
Does anybody make a dual quad manifold for 302 that actually performs well?
The only one I can find is the Edelbrock F-28 and it just doesn't look to be a very good performer to me.
Thanks
Bob

• Sponsors (?)

dont know what you mean "doesnt Look to be good performer" what are you wanting?? Mine is the F28.. pulls hard to 7500 rpm , still has killer snap at low ends and works great on my 306 and then my 393W there arent too many "Types" out there !!

Just me...........................

Thumper

Attachments

• pos eng 3.jpg
    pos eng 3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 187
Question is, what is your setup and how big are the carbs? I know too many people who over-carb especially when its street driven. There really isnt a real reason to go dual quad except for the look which means you shouldnt care how the Eddy performs. There is a single carb setup out there for just about any combo you can think of so you must have a pretty crazy motor if it needs 2 carbs.

I know there is really no reason to have to go to a dual carb set up, but I do like the look of it. I just don't want to loose power by switching over. My current set up is...
-.030 302
-AFR 165 non egr heads
-F303 Cam
-Weiand Stealth Manifold
-C-4 tranny
-3.70 gears
-650 Speed Demon carb
This is in a '71 Maverick

yikes your first mistake in that combo is the maverick............ jokin. if you don't want to lose power talk to edelbrock and ask them what they recommend. probably a good idea to go with a different cam for an intake like that.

You can make over 300 h.p. at the wheels with that intake. Run a pair of 500cfm carbs. and it will do it. P.M. Hissing Cobra on this board. He has a set-up using the Eddy dual quad intake And carb set-up

You can run low 12's with the F-28 with relative ease if you match your parts right. My '79 Cobra has run a best of 12.42 @ 109 with the F-28 and twin Edelbrock 500's. This intake makes power from 2,500 rpms to 6,500 rpms. My brother (who builds engines for a living) picked out an Elgin Pro Stock cam (248 INT/258 EXH @ .50, .536 INT/.560 EXH lift) that builds power between 2,400 rpms to 6,400 rpms (perfectly matching the intake's powerband.) I've also got AFR 185's (58 cc's) roller rockers and longtube headers (1-3/4".) This combo made 307 rwhp @ 6,400 rpms and 278 rwt @ 4,400 rpms. Due to the lack of torque, I've got 4.30 gears to make up the difference. With the 5-speed, it's fine on the highway.

33201.jpg