dumb question regarding flowmasters and headers

• Sponsors (?)

????

The headers have nothing to do w/ the mufflers. I assume the thing you hate is the noise level. If you hate the Flowmaster mufflers (which I can completely emphasize w/ you on) then get a quieter muffler comparably sized for the inlet/out of the flow, and have them installed.

A Walker "turbo" muffler will be significantly quieter and not give up any real power. If I didn't have four (mufflers) on my car, that's what I'd have.

Whoops, (my wife is right, I never say what I thought!)
I was wondering how I would swap the mufflers without knowing what aftermarket headers I have on the car. I didn't want to make the assumption that it was remove and replace and find out it didn't fit.
I will look at the muffler you suggested. I am ready to give up whatever to get rid of these mufflers. Man they sound great from out side the car, or when you are just sitting, but I'd go crazy on a road trip.
thanks,
Doc

The headers are connected to the motor, then comes the H-Pipe and lastly the cat back system which is the mufflers then the tailpipes go over the rear axle and out the rear bumper. A chambered muffler (internally the muffler has several walls) such as Flowmaster have the drone you're experiencing. Dynomax or a non-chambered muffler will get rid of that drone. You can either just change the mufflers or you can buy a full cat back system (mufflers and tailpipes) that bolt on. Take your car to a muffler shop and tell them you want the Flowmasters off for something quieter.