Dumbest car guy you've met

• Sponsors (?)

2L8ULUZ2 said:
I worked in a parts store for three years. I have seen so many dumbass car owners that think they know what they are talking about it's not even funny. But I guess the best one was the guy that came into the store and wanted a starter for his chevy. I asked him what year and if it was a car or truck and his answer was it did not matter. I told him that it did and I needed to know. He then proceeded to inform me about him working on cars longer than I have been alive and that they were all the same for a v8 chevy. So I went and got him a starter for a 5.3L in a newer silverado. He paid and came back in a few hours later and said that was not right that I sold him the wrong one. My response was how was it wrong when they were all the same? There have been many more as bad as him but none worse that I can remember.

LOL yeah there's people like that that come into our shop every day. I don't put up with it. Lots of Ricky-Racers out there too that have the same mentality. :bang:

My cousin think he can beat me cuz he drives a 92 Jaguar that takes like 8 quartz of oil. he says it needs more oil cuz of all the power. and since i only use 5 he'll smoke me. im like ill race u then then he said his sports shifter button was broken. like that would make that much of a difference.lol hes dumb he also had a 80ish Corvette and said he would smoke my 01 V6 Stang, we raced at a stop light i was behind him at the stop. Then he wouldn't let me pass him. then he said see i told u. im like i didn't even step on it, you wouldn't let me pass you. he said whats your point? some people are dumb.

I had a guy at work tell me he had twin turbos installed on his contour. I said "no you didn't" he swore he did he paid "like $800" finally i told him to pop the hood. there was nothing there but an aftermarket intake tube and K&N filter. I asked where the turbos were. he pointed to the AC lines and said "right there" I couldn't stop laughing.

94yellowsleeper said:
I had a guy at work tell me he had twin turbos installed on his contour. I said "no you didn't" he swore he did he paid "like $800" finally i told him to pop the hood. there was nothing there but an aftermarket intake tube and K&N filter. I asked where the turbos were. he pointed to the AC lines and said "right there" I couldn't stop laughing.
:hail2: :hail2: :lol: :lol: :nonono: :nonono: :shrug: :shrug: :lol: :lol: im speechless

i had a parts list from tccoa.com for some tranny parts. i went to a ford dealer where my friend works and asked him to price out some of the parts. he told me to talk to his friend who works there who does all the tranny work/repairs. this guy was in his late 40's

he tried to convince me that no matter what i do to a auto tranny, you cant make it better from factory.

i guesse shiftkits, tranny coolers, highstalls, manual valvebodies etc. are just over rated LOL

i just shook my head and turned around. what i should of done was slap him across the face and i told him how stupid he was.

everytime i here someone tell me something stupid like this, i dont even bother convincing them truth. why waste my time.

you do what you want to do to your car, i'll do what want to do. thank god for this message board LOL

this guy isnt the dumbest, but he should know alot more. here he is:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=36738490

i think with more time hell know more, but as of right now he has no idea how much boost hes running. Whenever someone asks him ONE thing about his car, he lists everything hes done to it. he thinks hell run a 12.4 on stock tires, the car can.. but he cant, i hear him mis-shifting all through out town :nonono:

at autozone, i was looking for corner bulbs and didnt know the number, so i asked the guy there. we go through a bunch of question, he asks is it a cobra or GT, i say GT, then he asks, is it 4, 6, or 8 cylinders?