Duraspark? Do I have it?

• Sponsors (?)

Look to the right of the driver's side shock tower in this pic....you'll see a little square silver box with fins on the top....that's an Autozone Durispark replacement :rlaugh:

626821_39_full.jpg

If you were closer i'd give you one, i've got 2 that i'm not using since i'm running a Mallory distributor. They're only like $15-20 i believe from Autozone. Ask for an ignition for an '85 5.0 Mustang.

Look to the right of the driver's side shock tower in this pic....you'll see a little square silver box with fins on the top....that's an Autozone Durispark replacement :rlaugh:

626821_39_full.jpg

If you were closer i'd give you one, i've got 2 that i'm not using since i'm running a Mallory distributor. They're only like $15-20 i believe from Autozone. Ask for an ignition for an '85 5.0 Mustang.

He doesnt need one, he was asking if the car came with one from the factory :)

Is it just me or was the guy a 5.0 Resto being as lazy as possible? How can you work at a place like that and not be able to help your customer buy a cap, rotor, and wires? Musta been a Chevy guy....

Personally I'd just go to NAPA or Advance and get some Autolite 25's, GP Sorensen cap and rotor and if i wanted to splurge id head over to my Ford dealer and order up some 9mm Ford Racing wires, although Advance carries a nice set of 9mm Accel wires that I used once. :D I have tried many different plugs but the simple Autolites seem to work pretty damn good

Durasparks were used up to the introduction of efi. It will have an ignition box as shown in the picture above, a round 3 wire plug to the dist, etc. An 85 Gt had Duraspark. An 86 had efi, with a TFI ignition.